Question - Any good ideas about things to take to Castle? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Question - Any good ideas about things to take to Castle? Question - Any good ideas about things to take to Castle?

Unread 02-05-2006, 08:33 PM
Question - Any good ideas about things to take to Castle?

Just 1 day left and I visit the castle (Tues 2/7). I was wondering if any of you ladies had any advice about things that really helped you at the castle, or things you WISHED you had packed to take. I plan to use tomorrow to gather everything so I'm looking for last minute ideas.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-05-2006, 08:50 PM

Definitely take lip balm and those make-up remover sheets (the kind that don't need water!) or baby wipes. I loved having those just to freshen-up a bit. I also took a bottle of hand sanitizer which I left sitting out for anyone to use.

You might want to bring a book or some magazines to read (you can only watch so much tv -- and the channel selection probably won't be that great).

Best of luck to you!! We're all cheering for you!

Hugs!
monami
Unread 02-05-2006, 08:55 PM

Took very litle. comfy clothes there same ones I wore home. Ear plugs to help drowned out the leg pumps and the new borns crying. Didn't need anything else!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-05-2006, 09:35 PM

I took someones advice from this website and used a fanny pack. In that fanny pack I brought my lip balm, face wipes, mints, my cell phone, etc All those little things like that go great in your fanny pack and the best part is that you clip the fanny pack to your bedrail and it's all right there within reach. Pretty handy for me I must tell you. I even had my nurses saying what a clever idea that was. Try it! Good luck with your surgery !
Unread 02-05-2006, 10:51 PM

i took everything but my kitchen sink,and used very little..i made sure i had lip balm,slippers,my gowns,a robe,hairbrush,toothbrush,toothpaste,shampoo,soap....sonie
Unread 02-05-2006, 11:10 PM

lip balm & wipes... awesome! Make sure your reading material is light... drugs make it hard to read anything too heavy. Splurge on some fun trash. I took my hyster night gown & book, my own robe and toothbrush & toothpaste, my own slippers... those little things really add to comfort!
Unread 02-05-2006, 11:16 PM
Things to bring

I would recommend a comfy, roomy robe,rubber bottomed slippers and a puzzle book or corssword,etc..I was glad that my robe was roomy so my bottom wouldn't peek out my gown .Also the slippers helped for the manditory walks around the floor. Make sure you have something to wear home that has a waistband WAYYYYY over your belly.I wore flannel pajama pants home and for the first 2 weeks after.Hope this helps.Good luck and don't forget you are a Princess and if anyone else forgets,make sure you remind them !!!!!
Unread 02-05-2006, 11:18 PM

I wish I could get you my bumper sticker

"Yield to the Princess"
Unread 02-05-2006, 11:56 PM

This is a good list to look over and then you can tailor it to suit your own needs:

What to Take to the Hospital

The things I took and actually used were my hairbrush, toothbrush/paste, hand cream, lip balm, robe, slippers, my own nightgown (when I my IV was removed), the T-shirt and sweatpants I wore to the hospital, and personal CD player with a couple of my favorite CDs. I took magazines, but couldn't concentrate enough to read them.

I took a notepad and pen for my DH to take any notes and a couple of prescriptions that I take on a regular basis and the hospital staff told me to bring with me.

If you have an external incision, you might want to take a small pillow to put between you and the seatbelt on the way home from the hospital. If you have long hair, you might want to take something to pull it back if you don't want to deal with it.

Best wishes!

s, Deb
Unread 02-06-2006, 08:09 AM

Wow! I LOVE the fanny pack idea! I missed that. My castle trip is next week, so I'll start looking for my fanny pack now!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register