Hey gals, a week and a half to go..... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hey gals, a week and a half to go..... Hey gals, a week and a half to go.....

Unread 11-04-2009, 11:29 AM
Hey gals, a week and a half to go.....

So its right around the corner, that i am having my LAVH poss BSO, i think thats the right term for both tubes and ovaries removed... Anywhoo it has recently sunk in that I still have a ton to get done, I have been to the grocery store everyday this week so far, and seem like i keep forgeting something... I have been cleaning and cleaning and cleaning, seems the more i clean my DS & DD seem to think that means lets make a bigger mess.. on top of it we recently adopted a cat, who has been peeing on my chouch for like 2 weeks now, so i got rid of her... so im a little upset about that.. she was going to be my "cuddle" buddy when i was recovering.. I hope my kitten will take up the roll now... Blah it just seems like i have 10000001 things to do and NO time to get it all done... Sorry for the all over the place post im just really confused on what is going threw my head, so much to do not enough time in the day.. my DH has been working 13 hour days lately so we eat, give kids a bath and put them to bed... then we go to bed...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-04-2009, 06:45 PM
Re: Hey gals, a week and a half to go.....

benham1123, Good luck to you.

My surgery is scheduled for Nov 17, 2009. I, like you am working myself to death to make sure everything is in order and can't seem to get a handle on anything. I have my pre-op visit on the 9th and meet with the anesthesiologist on the 12th. I am having surgery for rectal, bladder, and uterine prolapse and the hysterectomy (removing the uterus & tubes). I have my hubby here and hope to not have a lot of family visitors (they all live an hour away) visiting. My hubby is great but my family would stress me out.
Unread 11-04-2009, 07:03 PM

Hi Amber

I'm sorry that your cat wasn't a good fit for you I had all sorts of things I planned to get done before my surgery, and I didn't do a bit of it. Between taking care of things at work and dealing with my pain, I just couldn't do it--and everything turned out just fine. You sound way ahead of where I was!

I hope all your preparations go well and that you get lots of rest during your recovery time.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-05-2009, 09:20 PM

I think we focus on getting things done so we don't have to think about the upcoming surgery! Too scary!

It's great to stay busy but be sure you take some quiet time for yourself and collect your thoughts and BREATHE. Maybe a little meditation or some soothing music and soft lights, just to stay in touch with yourself.

All those things that don't get done won't matter much to you when you get back home. You'll be grateful to be on the other side and happy to start your recovery.

Best wishes!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register