Now I get nervous | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Now I get nervous Now I get nervous

Unread 03-03-2005, 11:13 AM
Now I get nervous

Hi again everyone. I have just had my pre op appointment and so far everything is going well. The nursing staff seems to be really friendly and so was everyone else in the castle that I met. Still have a couple of concerns as I am allergic to stitches so they are still trying to figure out what to do with me lol. We found out that I can use paper tape as I am allergic to this also. Along with all the meds that I am allergic to it sounds like I am going to be in for a bit of a rough go. So needless to say am chewing my nails down pretty far now and my teeth are permanently clamped together. My surgery TAH BSO is sniff only a week away and i have so much to do. Thank you for listening to me and I think I just need some hugs and a little reasurance that they can put me back together again lol. have a good day all
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-03-2005, 11:36 AM
Now I get nervous

((((((((Hugs)))))))))))))

You'll be fine!! Just remember that we are all going throught the same things.

jas
Unread 03-03-2005, 12:00 PM
Now I get nervous

Just keep reading this site!! I am also nervous, TAH/BSO on the 21st March, but i sit down at the comp and get to this site every time I start to get twichy the time will soon go and we will be on the other side helping others like us, good luck, I will be thinking of you, love Jan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-03-2005, 12:24 PM
Now I get nervous

Just make darn sure "they" know EVERYTHING you are allergic to and you will be just fine.

Man! Why can't life be easy???
Unread 03-04-2005, 04:05 PM
Now I get nervous

Hi Pokie,
Please don't ever hesitate to remind hospital personnel, including doctors, re your allergies to particular drugs and your friend/relatives also can help you do this particularly the first day or so when you will be more heavily medicated.

This may be a bit lengthy as I want to share my experience with you. Watching what meds I receive has been a way of life for me whenever I visit a doctor since I had a life threatening bout with pancreatitis about 25 years ago. Apparently, an anti-malarial drug we all needed to take to prevent cerebral malaria - we were serving in a country were this disease was active- had triggered my attack. Later I learned this occured because apparently I had a "defective" pancreas since birth. The gastroenterologist who treated me and got me back to good health after being sidelined for over 6 weeks, cautioned me to religiously avoid any drugs which were even remotely suspect as having pancreatitis as a side-effect; I've come to learn that list is surprisingly quite long.

Prior to my TAH/BSO my gyn and gyn/onc were very well versed re my pancreas/medication problem and ordered my pain meds, antibiotics, etc. accordingly. For example, I got a heroin derivative med in my pain pump and while not uncommon, it is not among the most widely used; I must say it worked exceptionally well at least for me. Now, I need to take one step back and tell you re my experience with the A man. Just as he was ready to put "twilight" medicine in my IV, I rather casually mentioned that, of course, I assume he was aware of my pancreas/drug situation. He looked at me rather startled and said he needed to get another medication and would be back. This occurred despite the fact that I had noted my drug/pancreas problem very clearly on all hospital paperwork/forms.

I have not shared this to worry you but to remind you to ask before you are given a new drug. BTW, after the incident with the A-man, everything went very well for me.

Please, please always err on the side of caution and don't be afraid to ask if a drug might cause problems for you. Wishing you an easy and uncomplicated surgery including zero medication problems.
s, peggiesue

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register