Best Wishes to our August 14 Princesses | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Best Wishes to our August 14 Princesses Best Wishes to our August 14 Princesses

Unread 08-11-2015, 11:03 PM
Best Wishes to our August 14 Princesses

Wishing you better health and best outcome for your hysterectomy to our members with upcoming surgeries! We will see in you the Recovering from Hysterectomy (Post-op) Forum when you are home and recovering from your hysterectomy:

Lifeof, Kaleidared, Falima, shaskett1974, nancyjolin, Payne200919, Nicole2310, TriciaLynn, JenBookstaver, JustHoney, louaruff, Blooming Astor, KatFl, Mandy15, solarj, Duckshine7, mellik_30117, Ronib, healthy living, Fixius, TJresolved, Mouse70, marreroborn, Paulaab, Mazzafive

Don't forget to pamper the princess and take care of yourself!

Note: We've created a thread for you in the Recovering from Hysterectomy forum based on your hysterectomy date for you to update your progress. However, if you have a question or need for support, be sure and post your own thread to receive support replies.

Another important note: Be a part of our circle of support! Please plan to return to the pre-op forum to answer questions for our pre-op sisters! The pre-op gals need your experience to help them as they plan for their upcoming surgery.

Once you are home and settled back in, consider upgrading your membership. Learn more about it here: Upgrade Information
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-12-2015, 11:22 AM
Re: Best Wishes to our August 14 Princesses

Hi Princesses

I am your SunshineSister here to wish you an uneventful surgery on Friday and to let you know you aren't alone.

1st Sisterly advice:
-Relax, maybe do something special for yourself. Let your Dr and Nurses do the worrying. They have done this before. Lol.
-Rest and get plenty of good sleep the next two nights and drink a lot of water until the hour you were told to stop intake. This will help your bodies be in the best shape possible.

Please join me and your surgery week sisters on your Recovery Progress Report thread as soon as you feel like posting.

I am sending Prayers for and good thoughts to you.

Hugs, : flowers:
Anndy
Unread 08-13-2015, 05:39 PM

Hello again. I was here for a partial hysterectomy 2.5 years back which went like a dream and am now scheduled for my ovaries to be removed tomorrow AM. Just wanted to be in the group for tomorrow. I am not happy about another surgery
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-13-2015, 05:52 PM

Good luck tomorrow Nordic Chic. I'm up tomorrow too and am surprisingly calm...it's almost eerie.

I packed my bag for a 5th time! Vacuumed for that last time for awhile. Set my alarm for 7:30 pm so I could eat my last meal before tomorrow (2 eggs and some watermelon).

I don't know how I'll feel in the morning but right now... We got this.
Unread 08-13-2015, 07:41 PM

Hi Just Honey,
So nice to not be alone. I also am very warily calm and peaceful. I'm not packed. I should only be an overnight stay. The last time I went, I literally only needed my phone, iPad and chapstick, mints. and loose fitting clothes. Loved my stay in the hospital. What time is your surgery. I have to be at the hospital at 6:30.
Unread 08-13-2015, 07:58 PM

Hi Nordic chic,

Smooth sailing tomorrow. Come join us on the Recovery Progress Report thread. See you on the other side.

Hugs,
Anndy
Unread 08-13-2015, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic chic View Post
Hi Just Honey,
So nice to not be alone. I also am very warily calm and peaceful. I'm not packed. I should only be an overnight stay. The last time I went, I literally only needed my phone, iPad and chapstick, mints. and loose fitting clothes. Loved my stay in the hospital. What time is your surgery. I have to be at the hospital at 6:30.
I'm to be there for 8am EST. I'm hoping I'll be settled in my room by 1pm, I think I'll be coming home Monday but if I'm feeling well I'll probably beg the doctor to let me come home on Sunday

I have Chapstick, halls, gum, phone and charger, puzzle book, ear plugs, eye mask, toothpaste and brush, socks, yarn and a crochet hook. If I find it's practical to I'll have my husband bring my iPad to me on Saturday I think. I dunno....see if I can bring myself to leave the house without it. My bag weighs 6 lbs. tried packing things that will occupy my mind so I don't focus on the pain. I want off the drugs ASAP.
Unread 08-13-2015, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustHoney View Post
I'm to be there for 8am EST. I'm hoping I'll be settled in my room by 1pm, I think I'll be coming home Monday but if I'm feeling well I'll probably beg the doctor to let me come home on Sunday

I have Chapstick, halls, gum, phone and charger, puzzle book, ear plugs, eye mask, toothpaste and brush, socks, yarn and a crochet hook. If I find it's practical to I'll have my husband bring my iPad to me on Saturday I think. I dunno....see if I can bring myself to leave the house without it. My bag weighs 6 lbs. tried packing things that will occupy my mind so I don't focus on the pain. I want off the drugs ASAP.
I was pleasantly surprised last time. I had abdominal surgery and really didn't need much pain management last time. I was very lucky. I hate being on meds as well. by the time I was home I was on 600 mg of advil. You reminded me to grab my charger. I suppose I should try to sleep. can't wait until its over and done with. I never thought Id be back here in a pre op thread only 2 years later....Kinda bummed about that . Good night good luck tomorrow. talk in a few days
Unread 08-13-2015, 11:40 PM

Thank you for the well wishes. I pray everything goes well for all the other princesses today. See you on the other side ladies 🙋
Unread 08-14-2015, 07:00 AM

Thank you! Headed to the hospital here shortly. Feeling nervous! 😁

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register