Insomnia | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 01-05-2006, 09:25 AM
Insomnia

I'm 10 weeks post-op from at TAH/BSO. I returned to work 2 weeks ago. I was fortunate and didn't have any problems during my recovery (other than swelly belly which I still have) but now I find myself with insomnia.
Staying awake until 3 am and having to be up again at 5:30 am is making me nuts! Does anybody have any ideas that might help? Before my procedure, I had hot flashes but no problem sleeping.
thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-05-2006, 09:27 AM
Insomnia

Type in insomnia under search!! there are tons of us here having issues with this and they are all discussed here a lot!!!
Unread 01-05-2006, 09:33 AM
Insomnia

I know it is easy to read about things to do, but I agree that it is a major problem! I am 8 weeks post op today and returned to work just this week (luckily had off for holiday) and the lack of sleep is really a problem.

I have no solutions, but I will be thinking about you when I am up trying to find something to do at 2 am!!!

cm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-05-2006, 10:29 AM
Insomnia

Hi there

I finally got tired of being tired from poor quality sleep and questioned my GYN. He said "hormones". I'm not going the HRT route due to my cancer so he finally prescribed a light sleeping pill. After a few nights of taking it, I've finally been able to get a much better night's rest.

Good luck!
Unread 01-05-2006, 11:46 AM
Insomnia

HI, i am age 52 so had looked at issue of menopausal insomnia before my surgery on 12/19. These things helped me:
no caffiene after 11am, good walks and exercise, and 2 tylenol pm at night. tylenol also makes a product called 'simply sleep' which is the sleep aid without the tylenol. It really helps me and most nights can take only one. It isn't addictive in that in the last two years I have never needed to increase the dose. i figure it is better for me than loading up on lots of other questionable things. Now six days post op and back to just tylenol pm at night. Had discovered that taking lots of motrin post surgery was great as far as pain but somehow reached a threshold of it by day 4 where it had me pretty wired. anne

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register