Hyst scheduled and very nervous | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hyst scheduled and very nervous Hyst scheduled and very nervous

Unread 11-26-2008, 12:04 PM
Hyst scheduled and very nervous

I'm scheduled for a hyst on Monday Dec 1st and very very nervous. I am freaked out about aftercare and recovery at home, since I usually dont' get a lot of help, and I have been sick for over a year and a half now with other conditions that have been debilitating. This is so emotional, the hyst is not what I envisioned for myself, especially premenopausal. I also cry and stress and worry so much. And it is depressing, I tear up when I see babies. I had my tubes tied, and a d/c, ablation, etc in July and they were not sucessful, so now I have to do the hyst after all, I've put it off since it was suggested nearly a year ago. And now that I've made the decision I just keep crying. I'm so glad I'm not the only one! Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-26-2008, 12:18 PM
Pre-Hysterectomy Blues

Yes, I'm kind of freaking out today and that is so not me! I swing from relief that these symptoms and issues I've been dealing with for 11 months will soon end, to concern about post-op recovery and my plan that I'll be back to work and dealing well in four weeks. Hoping to celebrate Thanksgiving and take my mind off everything. I wish a blessed Thanskgiving to all!!
Unread 11-26-2008, 12:38 PM
I've had them, they come and go

My date is the 16th of Dec and last week I was so anxious. I had tried to be so strong for the family that I wasn't letting myself just do what come natural. Emotions are so okay and now I am doing pretty good. I have been keeping real busy trying to get thing done so that I can take this rest time that I will get and not fret about it either. I think that my uterus is trying to make me happy that it will be leaving on the 16th. I was wondering if it was really necessary to get this done but now that I have only had a week off from bleeding since the 12th of Oct. I am sure it needs to go.

It might be good to do something fun for your self like go get a massage, they work wonders,

Take care, we are with you,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-26-2008, 12:58 PM

I am going in on December 3 and yes, I am also having the blues. It comes and goes. Today I am feeling pretty confident and unafraid but yesterday I was freaking out a little. I started thinking "this is it" and I got a little depressed. However, I am trying to focus on how I am going to feel when it is done and how much better my quality of life will be. I have suffered with fibroids, cysts and endo for years. I am ready to be pain free and ready to start living. *insert group hug photo here*
Unread 11-26-2008, 04:10 PM

Hey all you Preop. I was nervous and anxious to get it over I am now 5 days post op and feeling better. Really tired but, the pain is different not as constant as it was before. I am sure in the weeks to follow I will get better. I felt that since they really couldn't give me a concrete reason for the pain I felt they thought it was in my head. There was problems with adhesions and and odd shape and size Uterus it even took him 3 1/2 hrs quite abit longer than the Dr. Thought. Not in my head/I knew it but, sometimes you feel that way. Okay I am rambeling ... Point being hang in there girls and I will pray for each one of you on the day of your surgeries. Make it an awesome day.

Peggy
Unread 11-26-2008, 04:17 PM

Cityblondechic- I so hear you! Esp about little support and other health issues and seeing babies, and crying alot-moods. I am starting to feel stronger and more resolute-even looking forward to post recovery. But I accept emotions may come rushing back too.
Oh yes ladies, not one of us is truly unique-whatever our experience. We'll just hang in there together.
Thanks for dropping in Bundy-good to hear!
Unread 11-26-2008, 04:27 PM

Its wierd I was more terrified of the hospital experience than the actual hysterectomy but once its over the hospital stay isn't bad with the meals being brought to you and not having to make any decisions(sp)ie keep or leave ovaries, its actually kind of relaxing, do you know what I mean? I was so worried that after it I've made myself so weak that I caught a cold and poison ivy and just everything. I wish I could some how prove to you that you'll be ok. All I can say is just cry when it hits you and release the stress and worry if you want and yep I'm babbleing on. I'm just another one here on hystersysters that is here for you. Read our stuff over and over and before you know it you will be answering one of the newbies telling her she'll be Okay. Love to all the Princesses.
Unread 11-27-2008, 06:21 AM

Hi Cityblondechic! I understand and can relate to your nervousness, I am going in on Dec the 3rd for LAVH and BSO and I cry almost every night, the nights are the hardest for me, I am having issues sleeping as well, its why I am up now reading through posts lol. I think what helps calm me though is reading through here, seeing others go through the same things, the same emotions, thoughts, worries, it really makes you feel not so alone. It gives me strength when I start freaking out and thinking Im going to cancel lol. I hope that all goes well for you and you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Unread 11-28-2008, 06:23 PM

I'm now 6 weeks post op and the recovery was not nearly as bad as I expected. You will need to pamper yourself if no one else will and follow the doctor's orders but as long as you take your meds as directed when you need them and don't overdo, recovery is not too painful. The emotional swings before surgery are totally normal and are probably the worst part of the whole process.
Unread 12-04-2008, 02:15 PM

DeRose are the mood swings there after surgery also or do they go away?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register