Lupron and Endo - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Lupron and Endo Lupron and Endo

Unread 04-12-2002, 06:55 PM
Lupron and Endo

Hello. Well, I see you have gotten several responses, but wanted to add my support to you. You are not alone. There are many of us who have had side effects from Lupron. I took six months worth of shorts. I did have the aches, hot flashes, moodiness, and night sweats; but the worst was the memory. I haven't had a shot for 7 months and still have some memory trouble, at times. On the positive though, Lupron did help my endo pain to go away for many months. On the negative, the symptom relief only lasted for 1 month following my last injection.

With regard to your doctor: he/she may be a wonderful physician, but here's my thought. Any doctor who does not support you or, at the very least, validate your feelings there is something not right. I would have felt dismissed by my doctor had he not validated my feelings. The least your doctor could do, in my opinion, is give you a reason for the way you are feeling if he/she doesn't believe it is the Lupron.

Lupron is a drug that works for many, but even for the ones that it works for, they still have some kind of side effects. You need someone to support you through this. And I hope you find that someone. Be good to yourself. What you are experiencing is not easy. I wish you all the best.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-12-2002, 07:41 PM
Lupron and Endo

Thank you all for your support and quick responses. It feels good to be validated in regards to similar symptoms. I thought my forgetfulness was from all the medications I was taking, now I'm wondering if it is from the Lupron.

I will definately call my doctor on Monday and express my fears and concerns with this medication. I do not believe it is right for me, I believe it's making it worse, with added side effects. I want to know when it is safe to become pregnant and what will happen if I do stop taking this.

I also found a distrubing website... www.lupronvictims.com

Again, thanks to all for your support!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register