Upcoming hysterectomy 10/23: My Last Period before my surgery | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Upcoming hysterectomy 10/23: My Last Period before my surgery Upcoming hysterectomy 10/23: My Last Period before my surgery

Unread 10-12-2017, 10:36 AM
Upcoming hysterectomy 10/23: My Last Period before my surgery

I was dreading this last period and it's here and with a vengeance. It's heavy and I'm cramping something terrible with back ache and sore legs, I want to cry. I'm so tired and have a headache and all I can think is that I will never have to go through this again. If I weren't swamped at work I would take a sick day and go home and curl up in a ball with a heating pad on my stomach and just sleep. As much as I am nervous about surgery I'm ready to be done with the pain of this monthly monster.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-12-2017, 07:35 PM
Re: My Last Period before my surgery

I'm having the same issues and with my period starting exactly one week before my surgery, I can't take any ibuprofen. So cramps, pain and heavy bleeding (that I can normally slow a bit with the ibuprofen) are here. I've just been taking lots of trips to the bathroom at work and hanging out with my heating pad at night. :-(

I am definitely ready to not have the bleeding. Although I'm now second guessing my decision to have my cervix removed. I have multiple fibroids and am concerned that I could get more in the cervix, if there aren't any there already! Each ultrasound I've had has shown more fibroids, so the exact number, size and location is mystery. I just know I want my big, hard, lumpy uterus to be gone! And yes, I can feel it. Blech.

Good luck getting through this final period! The end is in sight!
Unread 10-12-2017, 07:36 PM

Hi VampRebekkah -

I am sorry your last period is such a monster. Perhaps it is your body's way of telling you that you are making the right choice. Here are articles that may provide some ideas:
4 Thoughts about Your Last Period before Hysterectomy
Do This - Not That: Your Last Period Before Hysterectomy

My surgery happened so fast, I did not know my last period was my last period until after it happened.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-12-2017, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VampRebekkah View Post
I was dreading this last period and it's here and with a vengeance. It's heavy and I'm cramping something terrible with back ache and sore legs, I want to cry. I'm so tired and have a headache and all I can think is that I will never have to go through this again. If I weren't swamped at work I would take a sick day and go home and curl up in a ball with a heating pad on my stomach and just sleep. As much as I am nervous about surgery I'm ready to be done with the pain of this monthly monster.
I'm sorry you're feeling so terrible. I'm on birth control that doesn't allow me to have a period so my endo doesn't grow as fast. I had a period before I scheduled the surgerythat was awful and i want supposed to have it because of the pills. I feel for you and our count down will be over soon!
Unread 10-12-2017, 08:17 PM

I am in the same boat, last period before my surgery on 10/25/17 and it's the worst I've had In a while. I think my body is telling me I am making the right choice. Good luck to you!
Unread 10-12-2017, 11:37 PM

Hello ladies,
I am HysterSister MickieB. I am 9 weeks post-op.
I saw my gyn/surgeon August 1, 2017. I had started my period two days prior. I sat there thinking, wow this is my last period. It was strange. Like most of you it was worse than recent ones. I remember thinking when I had to go buy another package of pads for only one more day, what DM I going to do with the rest of these? Well, they are sitter in a bag on my dresser... lol
I have to tell you that it has been wonderful not having that monthly monster anymore!!
Every step will scare you but it's worth it! Hopefully you'll get to a new normal that is good.
My thoughts and prayers are with all of you. We'll be on the other side to welcome our new princess sisters! Use this group, the articles, the forums, and chat threads. It helps!!
Unread 10-13-2017, 02:17 AM

I am in the same boat, surgery is on the 18th, I was not looking forward to this last period, but I am excited that this will be the last time I will have to use a baby diaper along with a pad to keep from making a mess! Like all of us waiting for surgery, I have tons of questions still, but I have reached the point in this process, that the positive outweigh the negative, and I am getting everything but the overies removed.
I wish you an easy surgery, and speedy, easy recovery!!
See you on the other side!!
Unread 10-13-2017, 05:08 AM
Re: Upcoming hysterectomy 10/23: My Last Period before my surgery

I’m sorry you’re feeling so bad.

I got my period 6 days before my surgery and I felt like it was the perfect good riddance - lol
It reminded me why I was doing the surgery and reaffirmed that it was the right thing.

I use my period tracking app still, and I mark it as if I got it, to track PMS symptoms. Every time it shows me when the next one is due, I can’t help but go “woo hoo nope!” Lol.
I “should” get it next on my 45th birthday - nope - haha
Unread 10-13-2017, 06:13 AM
Re: Upcoming hysterectomy 10/23: My Last Period before my surgery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee&Tea View Post
I’m sorry you’re feeling so bad.

I got my period 6 days before my surgery and I felt like it was the perfect good riddance - lol
It reminded me why I was doing the surgery and reaffirmed that it was the right thing.

I use my period tracking app still, and I mark it as if I got it, to track PMS symptoms. Every time it shows me when the next one is due, I can’t help but go “woo hoo nope!” Lol.
I “should” get it next on my 45th birthday - nope - haha
I used to get mine sometime every holiday, including birthdays and anniversaries!!
Every time we went out of town I would have to pack a lot of supplies. Not any more!!
Unread 10-13-2017, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickieB View Post
I used to get mine sometime every holiday, including birthdays and anniversaries!!
Every time we went out of town I would have to pack a lot of supplies. Not any more!!
Yes ! Always on an occasion, event, yes vacation. Always the worst possible times.

Adios !! Lol

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register