Count down begins! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Count down begins! Count down begins!

Unread 08-05-2006, 06:19 AM
Count down begins!

Hello Everyone,
I introduced myself yesterday, but can not find my post? Anyway, pre-op is where I belong, I am scheduled for a LSH on August 14. I have multiple fibroids. Also, during a CT scan done pre-op they noticed a mass on my liver so they will also be doing a biopsy of my liver.

I am doing fine as long as I stay busy! It’s just great to read that it is normal to be a little nervous. I find I am cleaning everything, a bit like nesting. I am by nature an active person, I have horses and also run and bike regularly. My doctor says with the surgery I should be back on my horse pretty quickly. That is what I am trying to stay focused on!

The liver thing freaked me out a bit. As I said, other than pelvic pain I thought I was healthy. I am a bit of a health fanatic so could not imagine what would cause the mass. Ironically I am now looking at my fibroids as a blessing in disguise. Had it not been for them I wouldn’t have had the CT scan!

So, I will be checking in as this next week goes by to chat with like minded sisters. My plan is to just stay busy and focused on other thing until the big day arrives!
Linda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-05-2006, 07:16 AM
Count down begins!

Welcome. I am sure you will find this site the same blessing as I have had. I am scheduled for an LSH on Sept 1st and much like you, didn't have 'the other issues' they tend to bring, just alot of pain/discomfort.

Julie
Unread 08-05-2006, 07:39 AM
Count down begins!

Hi Yala, I also had major problems with fibroids, if you are looking for your posted messages, click on control panel at the top of this page and then "view all subscribed threads" Good luck with your hyst and welcome to the site!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-05-2006, 07:43 AM
Count down begins!

Hi Linda
Im new here myself too,and have to say i find all the women here amazing,so very kind and helpful
Im due to have a TAH on 15th August,although i have to go into hospital the day before as i am an insulin dependant diabetic also.
Ive been battling with constant bleeding and pain for a long time now,tried the mirena coil,provera tablets ect but nothing worked for me..hopefully they wont find anything sinister while they are in there but im a little concerned as you can imagine
I too am counting down the days,very nervous and cleaning like crazy lol,my partner keeps looking at me saying that i have already cleaned that..but so long as im busy im ok..ish
I will be in and out for much of the next 9 days,inbetween cleaning and fretting lol
Nice knowing there are others here going through the same emotions and feelings..thoughts are with you and others in the run up to surgery
Sarah
Unread 08-05-2006, 10:55 AM
Count down begins!

Linda, aka Yala,

Welcome! We'll be in the castle about the same time - it's right around the corner! Look forward to your posts.

Cathy
Unread 08-05-2006, 11:00 AM
Count down begins!

Linda:

I'm sorry to hear that your going through so much right now. But like you said, in a way it's a blessing that you have to have this because you found out about the liver mass. Please be sure to keep us posted.

I've had 5 liver biopsies done and for me, it wasn't that bad. I was awake for all of them and only had novacaine. If you're having it done at the same time as your hysterectomy, then you won't even know it was done until you wake up. I had slight pain on the right side but it didn't last more than a few days. It wasn't bad enough that I needed to take any pain medication. Just be sure to rest like they tell you to.

I'll be thinking of you and wishing the best.

Sandra
Unread 08-05-2006, 11:04 AM
Count down begins!

Hi Yala,

Welcome!! I too had a LSH and I am still very pleased with my surgery results and I have been out of post-op awhile.

Here are two LSH links that might help you with your research:

http://www.goodgyn.com/lsh.html

http://www.laparoscopicsupracervicalhysterectomy.com/

Best wishes,

Mary

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register