polyps | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 08-02-2007, 12:44 PM
polyps

I just wondered can uterine polyps grow back i had 2 removed last year. And how are they different from fibroids?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-02-2007, 08:25 PM
polyps

My sister had fibroids, I had a cervical polyp. As she explained it to me a fibroid grows directly off the muscle part of the uterus. A polyp either grows off the lining or in my case in the cervix, and is connected by a "stalk". My dr. told me as long as she removed the root of the stalk it would not grow back. However, a new one could grow in a different spot. I'm no medical advisor, but I hope that helps a little. If you have a question please don't be afraid to ask your dr. I have a short list of things to ask mine when I see her the day of surgery.

Good luck!
Unread 08-02-2007, 11:22 PM
My story......

I went in for an ablation in April and my Dr. found a "forest of polyps". More than he had ever seen before and they had not shown up on any of the ultrasounds, etc. After they did the surgery to remove them and he assured me he thought this would take care of my bleeding........I started gushing again. I went in for the ablation and he said some of them had grown back. I asked if perhaps he missed them and he felt he had gotten all of them. So, I guess the answer to your question is yes. They can grow back!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-03-2007, 06:15 AM
polyps

i believe they can grow back. my girlfriend had a d & c and had polyps removed from her cervix and they grew back. i'm not really sure if they were the same ones or new ones though.
Unread 08-03-2007, 06:23 AM
polyps

Well, I can tell you yes they do grow back. not always but yes they can. I had polyps in my uterus. Had them removed via hysteroscopy and d&c. They came back the first time it took a couple of years. Then the time span started getting shorter the last time was only a couple of months before they came back. So my doc decided to go ahead and do the hyst. I feel better than I have in years. The bleeding, swelling, fatigue and pain are gone. woo hoo. Good luck to you. I hope yours do not return.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register