Can they do that?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Can they do that?? Can they do that??

Unread 01-27-2005, 08:39 AM
Can they do that??

Well as some of you know about my insurance woes and how "finally" they are saying they will cover the surgery now but I have to wait until after March 1st........well, anyway, we got a letter from the insurance company the other day. I was terrified to open it because we have not had a good experience with this insurance company at all. (not only with my problems but with my son too....they aren't even paying for any of his doctor visits and tests...)

Well, hubby opened it and his face turned red immediately so I knew it was bad news. It wasn't bad news like I was thinking......like them saying they have decided not to cover it.......but it was not good because they are raising my insurance premium $50 more a month that will go into effect March 1st! Now isn't that funny how they are going to increase that rate when that is the same month they said they would cover the surgery after?! (Oops! please do not mention taking legal action) I mean, I know they can pretty much do what they want. But heck, this is crazy!

To top it off a friend of ours told us that with them doing that they could very well change some of the coverage so we needed to contact them and see if anything else was "redone" or "re-evaluated" so we don't get anymore surprises. So we called the ins co and they tell us that we need to talk to the ins agent who sold us the policy! So we contacted the ins agent and he said he sold us the policy yes but what they do once the policy is in place is up to them and not him so he can't explain the increase or if anything has been changed so we need to talk to them. So here we go in a circle. Noone knows anything. This is so maddening!:confuse:

(Oops!please do not mention legal action) And can they change something in the policy coverage and not inform us? I always thought they had to inform you but others we have talked to have told us that is not always true.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-27-2005, 08:45 AM
maybe this might help.....

Hi, I'm sorry to hear you're having problems....I can understand...I'm going through some now myself....(Oops!please do not advise about legal matters)....they should be able to answer the questions for you about the insurance company and probably won't charge you for it, or only have a small fee to pay....we have it here in North Carolina and(Oops! do not mention legal action)....you might also check with the State Insurance person for the state you are in...all of a sudden I can't think of the title they go by.....they are like an overseer of the insurance companies in your state....hope something here might help....keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.....

Angel

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register