Yikes! Di Vinci Hysterectomy - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Yikes! Di Vinci Hysterectomy Yikes! Di Vinci Hysterectomy

Unread 07-15-2011, 11:03 PM
Re: Yikes! Di Vinci Hysterectomy

this is where you can find an explanation of abbreviations
https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/announcement.php?f=3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-16-2011, 08:39 AM

I LOVE the streamers idea!!!!!!! I was actually laughing out loud in my living room with everyone looking at me and it took me a minute to catch my breath to explain!! I too am going on vacation (week 4) and have a new kayak i plan on using.(will check with dr.)
Unread 07-16-2011, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reizarfnaj View Post
Sorry... forgot one more question I had!

Did anyone else have an EKG for their pre-op testing? I went in today to do the blood work and was surprised to hear I also had to do an EKG. I was wondering if they did this because I had some prior issues (minor) with my heart valve and heartbeat or if this is just standard for everyone? I do know that my little gal that did the test made the comment that mine came back "borderline". When I asked her what that meant she said "well... that doesn't mean it's a really good rythym or that it's necessarily bad". What the heck does that mean? I am a little concerned that they might hold up my surgery if they feel there is an issue. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks again!
They are not going to hold up the surgery for a borderline EKG.
Good luck!
Unread 07-16-2011, 09:00 AM

....I have given her permission to take the left if she feels it would benefit my health. Any concerns for giving her the freedom to do this? I really trust this lady and knowing that she doesn't like to remove them gives me the peace of mind to know she won't unless absolutely necessary...

I told my doctor to take both of them out, and I am glad he did.
I am 55 and already in menopause. I did not want to go back in for another surgery. The pathologist found a very small cancerous growth on my left ovary. The doctor did not even realize that it was there, because you needed a microscope to see it.
My surgery took 5 hours. He removed the uterus, cervix, tubes, and ovaries.
The major side effect for me is lack of sleep, and low libido. The upside has been that my personality has changed from edgy and stressed and angry a lot of the time to nice and calm, almost "mellow."
In my case, I am glad that he took them out. Also, I do not know how the insurances will view hysterectomies as a prevention for cancer. I only had pre-cancer.
The insurance willingly paid. With all of the talk about the new health plan, the insurances or the government plans may tell us we have to wait until it is full-blown cancer to act with a hysterectomy.

Thank goodness my DH has good insurance through his job. I am part-time, so there is not insurance from my job.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register