lupron - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 02-23-2012, 07:32 PM
Re: lupron

I had a total of 10 injections over 2 years. Loved the lupron! Was the only time I wasn't in pain and it dramatically decreased the constant bleeding.

I did have hot flashes, but they weren't a biggie.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-26-2012, 08:12 AM

I was put on Lupron to help stop my horrible bleeding. I had to do this because my blood levels were too low to schedule my surgery (hysterectomy to get rid of my uterus which is playing house with a ginormous fibroid). I started to read things about this med and got scared. The Lupron did nothing to me except stop my bleeding. I got none of the horrible side affects that I read about...nothing. I was on it for 6mo. I was given 2 shots that lasted 3mo each. I did what it was supposed to do and now I'm scheduled for my surgery.
Unread 03-07-2012, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaiwash View Post
Thanks for all the replies very helpful. Here's my next issue: my stomach is so bloated that it feels like the fibroids have grown. Anyone else experience this? I just got the injection last Thursday.

Yes, Oh my goodness, yes. I am into my second three month injection and had to have a diuretic prescribed. My feet are so huge I cannot fit them into shoes and my belly looks pregnant. The diuretic has help some and I am much more comfortable.
Unread 03-09-2012, 03:37 PM

Jaiwash,
I had three large fibroids, heavy bleeding etc...I had four total Lupron injections to shrink them for DaVinci. It worked for me with very few side effects (hot flashes & insomnia). My fibroids were very large and I always felt bloated and gassy...they were pushing on my intestines. After a few months, they started to shrink. Perhaps that may be the case with you. You can ask your doc where exactly they are.

Lupron isn't for everyone. I've read the horror stories but it worked for me. Two days post-op from DaVinci and feeling pretty darned good. Hang in there hon.
Unread 03-27-2012, 10:07 PM

I have been on Lupron shots for five months now, same thing , very anemic, large fibroid s, polyp's on ovaries, endio, taking this to shrink fibroid s, main side effects, terrible hot flashes every half hour or so, very emotional.... but feeling stronger, blood counts coming up.
Surgery in June, only two more shots to go, can't wait to get on with it.
I find exercise really helps, I walk alot , just remember it is only temporary, and it is helping us....
Unread 03-27-2012, 10:11 PM

Glad to hear all went well, I am looking forward to my surgery too... take care , and rest.thank God for lupron , no period for the past three months, I feel like I,v died and went to heaven.... no flooding.....I can deal with the hot flashes......
gems04

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register