CONTEST: Win an EndoFemm® - Page 5 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Community - HysterSisters > Monthly Poll (and occasional Contest!)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Closed Thread

CONTEST: Win an EndoFemm® CONTEST: Win an EndoFemm®

Unread 12-03-2008, 04:48 PM
My favorite childhood toy(s)

Not for contest purposes, but simply a down fun-memory lane...there's still nothing like playing with Lite Brite, Etch-A-Sketch, and the one I miss the most...Colorforms!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-04-2008, 01:35 PM
CONTEST: Win an EndoFemm®

My favorite toy was a Rocking/Bouncing Horse. I still have it - it has survived me, my 3 daughters, and has been used with 7 of my 8 grandkids! I'm sure my 8th will bounce on it when he's old enough.

I remember getting it for Christmas - Santa brought it to our door! That was about 46years ago when I was 5!
Unread 12-04-2008, 02:03 PM
Talking - CONTEST: Win an EndoFemm® CONTEST: Win an EndoFemm®

When I was a child, all I wanted was a pink bicycle. I must have been about 7 years old when I got this pink bicycle. I told my mother (who was a single mother raising me and my brother all by herself) i wanted, more than anything in the world, was a pink bicycle, with a horn, and a white basket with flowers on it, and shiny tassle thingies on the handlebars. I talked about this bike incessantly. It was sad to see my mothers sadness in her eyes, because I knew I would never get a pink bike for my birthday. I never had a bike before, except a tricycle, and im pretty sure i was the only seven year old without a bike.

So my mother got a boys bmx bike from a thrift shop in town, and took it to my grandfathers auto body shop, and my grampa painted the bike this yummy bubble gum pink. My uncles helped my mom get the training wheels (didnt know how to ride a bike), the white basket with flowers, the shiny tassels and the little beeping horn.

imagine my delight on my birthday when I got that bicycle. i literally cried. I learned how to ride without training wheels right away- and i had so many adventures on that little pink bicycle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-04-2008, 04:59 PM

My favorite was baby Thumbelina. I got her when I was 5. She was about 6 inches long and had a pull cord in her back. When it was pulled, she moved. I lost her when I was about 12 years old, but found another on on Ebay a few years ago. My mom kept my old babys clothes and now they are on my new Thumbelina!
Unread 12-04-2008, 05:19 PM

My favorite toy was a big rag doll I named Angio. I carried her around everywhere I went. I got her when I was 4 years old and I still have her now. I used to drag her by her hair, so she doesn't have much left. The cloth she is made out of is so old now it has dry rotted. I still love that doll!
Unread 12-05-2008, 12:39 AM

It's interesting to see everyone's entries. Some of the toys described are ones I've boughten in the past for friend and family members children

I'm 51. My most beloved toy/item from childhood is a small well-loved and somewhat tattered teddy bear. My Mom's best friend (long since passed) gave it to me. Well, 19 years later, about a week before my wedding, I had the opportunity to show it to her! She laughed and laughed. My teddy had been well loved you see. Auntie Joy (as I called her) had known it to be a lovely soft yellow. Well, not only was it no longer yellow with a ribbon but it was now a muddy pea green and sported my first crocheted granny sqare and pom-pom.

To my delight on arriving at my wedding reception, there was a new teddy bear from Auntie Joy sitting on the gift table. Well, the short story is, the new teddy bear is now 32 years old, is clean and lives in my closet. My best teddy bear is 51, still pea-green and wearing his granny square and pom-pom AND is within arms reach of my bed.
Unread 12-05-2008, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovelilac
My favorite was baby Thumbelina. I got her when I was 5. She was about 6 inches long and had a pull cord in her back. When it was pulled, she moved. I lost her when I was about 12 years old, but found another on on Ebay a few years ago. My mom kept my old babys clothes and now they are on my new Thumbelina!
Oh, I luuuuvvvved my Thumbelinas. I had a series of them when I was a little girl because for some reason her plastic head was always coming off her soft stuffed body. I guess I just loved her head off!

Mine didn't have any bells and whistles, so she must have been a first generation (or you are much younger than me.) She was just a plain, soft, loveable doll.
Unread 12-07-2008, 06:02 PM

At 40, I remember getting a Baby Alive when I was 8 years old. She was so much fun to play with because I was able to feed her. I felt like I was a mommy and the technology of her mouth moving was neat. I played with her for years.
Unread 12-10-2008, 08:40 AM

My favorite toy was my little yellow AM/FM portable radio. I would snuggle under the covers at night and turn on my favorite shows and listen with that oh so uncomfortable ear plug. You really had to cram it into the ear canal and it was hard plastic. I remember fondly listening to "Adventures of Tracy Dark" - the woman who solved mysteries and could move things with her mind and "Squad Cars" - a police show where they always got the bad guys. Often I'd fall asleep while listening and by morning the AA batteries would be worn out. I think I was about 8-10 during this time, growing up in South Africa and we had no TV until I was almost 12. Always wanted to learn to do that mind control action that Tracy could do!
Unread 12-10-2008, 09:26 AM

My favorite toy when I was younger was my Holly Hobbie oven (like the E-Z Bake). I made cakes galore with that thing. And man were those cakes the BEST!!!

Later in life, I bought an E-Z bake for my dd and the cakes never tasted as good as they did from my Holly Hobbie oven!!

Another toy would be lite brite. I loved that thing!! Again, bought it for dd, and she just wound up losing all the pieces. it just goes to show that one persons favorite is not always anothers!!
Closed Thread

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register