Six week check up | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Six week check up Six week check up

Unread 03-02-2007, 08:34 PM
Six week check up

Hello Ladies,
Well, as many of you have been doing, I had my follow up appt. at the doc. this morning (tah/bso 1/15/07). She said I still have some healing to do, stitches still intact, there should be more healing and less stitches at this point, but she is not worried. She just says some people take longer than others and this is an area that takes a long time to heal. Sooo, she said no work for me, and with our spring vacation coming up, she added two weeks, plus spring vacation on to my leave, so I am not going back until April 2. I am not released to do any heavy work or begin excercising yet - or any other extra curricular for another 2 weeks . This should give me additional time to heal, recuperate, gain some strength and endurance, and lose some middle and hiney! I truly appreciate having all of you to talk to. Being at home while friends and family are working can make it a lonely place, and you all have truly brightened the dreary days of winter. I hope the weather improves whereever you are, and remember - SPRING IS ON THE WAY - YIPEE!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-02-2007, 08:42 PM
Six week check up

Everyone heals differently. Just take your time and you're going to do just great!

Best wishes

Wendy
Unread 03-02-2007, 10:03 PM
Six week check up

tah/bso 1-17-07. just had my 6 week post-op 3 days ago, and i too have an additional 3 weeks added, i was suppose to go back to work 3-5 but because my inside stitches aren't near healing either or other areas inside, i have been extended not to return to work till 3-28. i thought i was fine, but then again, i can't see the insides. i still get real tired by the end of the day and my tummy still gets poofy. my dh is still fixing my meals and some housework. i still have a little pain, but nothing i'd complain about. i was a little depressed but with west coaster having about the same experience, i feel better about it. i had a vaginal surgery last sept to look into the uterus and they did three things ending with a dnc. dr said that even waiting the three months to heal from that surgery, that she didn't seem bothered that my body will take a little longer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-03-2007, 12:48 AM
Six week check up

this is a stupid question but how do they know if stitches are not healing do they do internal im thinging they must i dont have mine for 2 weeks yet
Unread 03-03-2007, 06:45 AM
Six week check up

Yes, they will do a pelvic exam and can tell from that.
Unread 03-03-2007, 07:16 AM
Six week check up

Does it hurt when they do a pelvic exam, I have a 4 week check up after surgery, coming up.
Unread 03-03-2007, 07:20 AM
Six week check up

I had a pelvic and 2 weeks....it was a little uncomfortable, but didn't hurt an any way.
Unread 03-03-2007, 07:43 AM
Six week check up

I had my pelvic at 4 weeks and it didn't hurt a bit...I thought it was going to, but it felt just like any other exam I've had. He cleared me to do anything I want except crunches (that really broke my heart).

He told me to use my own judgement on how I felt as far as other routine things including sex....told him I wasn't ready for that yet!! Sometimes you just know, ya know?
Unread 03-03-2007, 07:45 AM
Six week check up

Having my 6 week check-up wasn't bad at all. I think mentally I wasn't happy thinking about the exam, but it wasn't any worse than before the surgery. In fact, I didn't have to have the PAP smear part (due to having it removed), so that unpleasantry was gone. He was extremely gentle. I'm sure the doctors know we are anxious about the exam and go easy on us. He also checked my incision to make sure it was healing well.
Unread 03-03-2007, 10:09 AM
Six week check up

I still haven't had my pelvic exam yet, and I'll be 6 weeks out on Monday. I'm dreading it also, not sure of what to expect. I did have a minor set back with my incision. It's a vertical one and the bottom part ended up getting infected at the 2 1/2 week mark, so I'm still healing from that, but got the OK from the DR when I saw him on Thursday to go back to work on Monday. (3/5) I'm not in any sort of pain, it's just tough to wear jeans, my regular work pants are fine. I still haven't gotten the OK to have sex, cleaning, etc, until the incision is totally healed. I'm hoping in another week.

This web site has been a Godsend for me also, with the winter doldrums.

Hope everybody is healing OK!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register