lavh/rso severe lower back pain (labor mentioned) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

lavh/rso severe lower back pain (labor mentioned) lavh/rso severe lower back pain (labor mentioned)

Unread 06-25-2010, 04:20 AM
lavh/rso severe lower back pain (labor mentioned)

Hey sisters,
Since last niight I have had the hardest time getting comfortable. I'm almost 48 hours post op.I had to straddle a pillow w/ a heating pad up next to my abdomin and slept in a ball w/ my butt up in the air just to rest comfortably!! What is w/ this lower back pain that reminds me of having back labor?!
I haven't hurt this bad since delivering kids. Totally caught me off guard. I can tell the gas is slowly decreasing from my abdomin but the pain is unmanageable. I feel like I need to have a bowel movement or deliver something.
Let me know if any of you have had a similar experience or ideas of what's causing it. I'm sitting & laying in positions I didn't know my body could do to alleviate the pressure/pain.

Thanks
btrfly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-25-2010, 08:00 AM
Re: lavh/rso severe lower back pain (labor mentioned)

I've heard several things

1. it is the way they have you positioned on the surgery table.

2. You are "not moving" like normal and are getting 'stiff'

3. Could be the beginnings of a UTI~

I would be on my back with my head on the pillows. Place the heating pad on the lower part of your back and put a pillow under your knees. I would just "fold" the pillow in half and have my DH shove it under my knees. Seemed to help some.

When i was actually able to "move" i would get on my hands and knees and do the "mean cat"..lol~raising my back up and down.

You can always ask someone for a good massage!!
Unread 06-25-2010, 09:47 AM

YES!!! It was a UTI! Waiting on DH to get back w/ antibiotics and something else doc called in to numb the bladder! Soo relieved to know I'll be feeling better soon. Awful pain~had me in tears b/c my bladder was getting fuller and fuller since I've been downing the liquids and no relief from urinating!
btrfly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-25-2010, 10:37 AM

I wanted to say "UTI" to begin with!! LOL

I know since my surgery, my UTI are completely different.

Before surgery i would be in horrible pain, felt like my entire vagina inside and out was on fire. Didn't help that my bladder was prolapsed and laying on top of my uterus!

Now i just get this "pain" in my pelvis/hip area~pain as in "giving birth".

I battled a UTI for almost 7 weeks after my surgery. Now at week 10 have yet another one!!

I think the other med you are talking about is URISTAT ~make sure you wear a light day pad, it "stains" your urine yellow/orange and your own "natural lubricants". The URISTAT will start to work within a hour ~if not sooner. MY FAVORITE NEW DRUG! lol

Drink plenty of water. I was told you should drink half your weight in ounces. EXAMPLE~ if you weigh 120 pounds you should drink at least 60 oz of water a day.

Take care of yourself~~

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register