Lavh | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 05-19-2003, 12:27 PM
Lavh

HI

I am new here. I am scheduled for a LAVH on 6/10/03. Has anyone here had a LAVH? How did everything work out? Pain? Recovery time? My new doc feels that because of my history, I should be out 8 weeks with this.

Has anyone out there gone in for this and awoke to an abdominal hyst? That could be a possiblilty for me.

I was diagnosed in 1996 with endo. My first lap showed endo on the uterosacral, etc. My second lap showed the same thing, after the first lap supposedly removed all of it.

In 1997 I gave birth to twin girls. C-Section. Since then I have had one more lap, and a gland removal in the left groin area. I felt pretty good for a while. Then it started all over again. I am sure that I have adhesions in there too. I also had my tubes tied about 4 years ago.

I tried Depo. After the second shot I bled for 40 some odd days. I never went back for the next shot.

I have been on continuous BCP since June of 2002. Everything was going ok until this year. Same problems again. Probably my fault, because I missed about 4 pills, and it was suggested that I wait until my period came. It has been 2 months, and no period, but the cramps, back pain,etc are with me daily. It is also affecting my bladder and bowel too. (Pain). My ovaries are fixed - they don't move much. Or like they should.

I will NOT subject myself to Lupron, just in case of these "side effects". I am the side effect queen lately. LOL.

So, it had come down to the lupron or the hyst. This is after two second opinions. I have chosen the Hyst. I can't live on pain meds, right??? LOL.

I'm sorry this is so long. I look forward to any replies!

I know that the hyst is not a definite cure for endo.

Thank you
Laura
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-19-2003, 01:09 PM
Lavh

I had a LAVH/BSO on April 3rd. I was in the hospital for 2 nights. When I got home I had a lot on pain in my right side rib cage and under my collar bone due to the gas they used for the lap. I highly recommend a body pillow so you can lay on you side. I would not recommend laying on your back (too much pain in ribs and collar bone). At least that was my experience.

Another thing that I found was strange was that the incision made for the removal of my left ovary looked like someone had stuck a finger in a mound of dough. It was pushed in. I was told that it happens sometimes with a LAVH. I am 6 weeks post op and it looks better.

I've seen a lot of posts from sisters who have had LAVH's and it seems to be an easier recovery period than those who have had Tah's.

Good luck on your upcoming trip to the castle. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Unread 05-19-2003, 06:33 PM
Lavh

I had a LAVH/BSO on 05/07 under general-A and I'm feeling great! I'm amazed. I feel better now than I did prior to the surgery. There's still a lot I can't do or don't want to do but I have no trouble leading a leisurely lifestyle. I wish I had done this earlier.

Good luck!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register