Bone Pain | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 08-16-2008, 10:33 PM
Bone Pain

Has anyone else had pelvic bone pain? I'm 2 weeks out and noticing pain in my "sit bones" tail bone and pelvic bones. DH said it may be from the manipulations from the TVH. Maybe I didn't notice it before because of all the soft tissue pain??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-17-2008, 02:30 AM
Bone Pain

Oh, yes. I already have arthritis in one hip and creaky knees. Since I've had the hysterectomy, the other hip is hurting along with bone/joint aches and pains. I read somewhere around here that it is normal, but I don't remember if whoever said that indicated if it improves at some particular point in time. What's bad for me is that it hampers me from doing any real walking, which is needed for healing, so I am developing other problems from lack of exercise, like swelling legs and feet. I've also had to resort to the stronger pain meds for too long (not always, but more than I'd like) because OTCs just don't address everthing at once.
Unread 08-17-2008, 08:54 AM
Bone Pain

I felt many times that I was sitting on my bones, and did not have any tissue or muscle to support me. I still cannot sit in one position for too long, more muscular discomfort now.
You are only in your 2nd week; weeks one through 5 for very difficult for me. Just hang in there and try to be patient, and gentle with yourself in all ways. If it gets worse though, I would call my Dr.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-17-2008, 05:35 PM
Bone Pain

I have been having a lot of pain in my pelvic bones. I am almost 3 weeks post-op from a TAH-BSO. I thought it was from being so inactive-not something normal for me. I keep trying to get up and walk around as much as possible. THis weekend I have been feeling pretty yucky and have been sitting even more and my bones are really barking! I truely feel the phrase-this is a pain in the a**. LOL.
Unread 08-19-2008, 05:34 PM
Bone Pain

I saw my Dr today for check up. He said the bone aches I've had could be from the position they put you in for surgery (had a TVH). They try to get you into what would be a "comfortable sitting position" legs in the air (arent' you glad we aren't awake for this one!). Sometimes there can be more stress on the joints than they'd like. He said it should improve over time. Hope so.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register