It's Back! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 12-30-2004, 09:07 PM
It's Back!

Well, I thought it would have lasted a little longer and was on the road to recovery and reconstruction. Not so. I started my breast reconstruction in November and things were going great. I only had to have one more fill of the tissue expanders and then wait a month and a half for the implants. I woke up during the night Tuesday in excrutiating pain. Called the plastic surgeon and I he said I ruptured the capsule that was forming to hold the implant in my left breast. A week earlier I was put on antibiotics for a possible infection in the right breast. Then to top it all off, I started getting pain again where my right ovary use to be. Met with my gyn today and she thinks it is again scar tissue. WILL IT EVER END???? I hope 2005 is much better than 2004. Right now my gyn said no surgery but she knows nothing else works. Its the same pain as before but a bit more intense now. Breast reconstruction is now in question as well. I don't know if I will be able to continue with that . I will know next Wednesday. I have to keep my gyn informed of the pain issue and she will think about what to do. I know I said I didn't regret the surgeries but think now I will rethink that as well. Happy New Year everyone. I sure hope it is better for all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-31-2004, 08:06 AM
It's Back!

I'm so sorry for your pain! I have to agree with your gyn, one issue at a time. Do you have effective pain reliever in the meantime?

Unread 12-31-2004, 08:13 AM
It's Back!

Sounds like you have a lot on your plate right now and I am so sorry the pelvic pain is back.
Do you have something to take for the pain in the pelvis?
I hope you can continue with your breast reconstruction. Please let us know how you are doing and what the docs say.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-31-2004, 08:50 AM
It's Back!

Sally,
I am sorry that you're having pain again. If it is adhesions, surgery isn't always the answer. I hope your doctor will help to at least make you comfortable until you can find an answer as to what's causing the pain.
Unread 12-31-2004, 06:51 PM
It's Back!

Thanks for the replies. About taking stuff for the pain...not an option at this point. I am allergic to pretty much all pain meds. Lets just say this has been real fun. I have learned to grin and bear it. If it hurts to bad, I slow down and re group.

My daughter isn't being to nice with all of this. She is going to call my gyn on Monday and tell her I haven't been a good girl. My daughter found out I went to the gym. Dr says it is a no no. I only walked on the tread mill and took a dip in the hot tub and then went to the steam room. Nothing more then I did prior to the last surgery. Oh well, a girl has got to do what a girl has to do. I really am behaving myself and taking it easy. If the pain gets more intense, I stop what I am doing. I do have to walk to get to where ever I am going. The hot tub and steam room are just to relaxing to give them up.

Oh well, if my dr calls and tells me the gym is totally out of the question then I won't go. I know she won't tell me that. Well everyone, Have a Happy New Year. I will keep you posted on what is going on. Take care everyone!
Unread 12-31-2004, 07:44 PM
It's Back!

Sally,
I have a very sensitive system so most pain meds are out of the question for me, however, I found some relief with the duragesic patch. I do have some problems with some redness under the patch, but have starting using a cortisone cream and that's taken care of the redness.

Just an

Unread 12-31-2004, 11:02 PM
It's Back!

Hi Kim,

Duregesic patches are completely out of the question. The last time and only time I used it was back in Feb. I was rushed to the ER due to breathing difficulties. I don't ever want that to happen again. Morphine based and am deathly allergic to morphine. I am able to do Hydrocodone once in a while but then I have to do a chaser of benadryl, (2 capsules) Can you say sleep for 24 hours. If the pain gets real bad I have that to fall back on. Thanks for the idea. I know duregesics work great but not for me.
I know I am wierd and a walking medical mishap. Happy New Year! Oh ya Go Packers!!!!!!originally from wisconsin (Janesville)
Unread 01-01-2005, 10:30 PM
It's Back!

There is a new pain reliever in a new class of drugs called:Prialt
http://www.katu.com/health/story.asp?ID=73775

Last time I was on Morphine it was for two weeks and I had horrid withdrawls, next time, I will see what my doc thinks of this.
Carrie
Unread 01-01-2005, 10:53 PM
It's Back!

Carrie,
Thanks for including that link. It sounds like this drug will be administered through the intrathecal pump, and only those that are already in use at this time. Sounds kind of scary. Let me know what your doc said. Heck , the docs probably don't even know about this yet..LOL

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register