Having another meltdown | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Having another meltdown Having another meltdown

Unread 01-02-2007, 05:48 PM
Having another meltdown

Why is so much worse at night LOL! ( I know things slow down and you have time to think ) I am so terrified about so many things. Why am I so scared that I wont be able to pee and have to self cath? Here was the first place I had heard this and it scared the hoojubies out of me. Also, when do I start the stool softeners and how much? I have IBS and I am really frightened about that as well. I don't want to endure pain and not take my meds for fear of constipation!! One last thing.... my PCP gave me Paxil yesterday to try to help with some of the anxiety and depression I have been feeling, while I know that you can't dispense " medical advice " do you think it's ok to take it prior to surgery?
Thanks my fellow sisters, if one of you could throw me a chill pill it would be much appreciated!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-02-2007, 06:35 PM
Having another meltdown

I know the feeling of fear. I have been living with it on and off for 6 weeks and I still have 27 days to go before my surgery. We couldn't coordinate the urologist and the gynecologist before that.

In terms of Paxil, I do not take that one, but I have been on Celexa for a year and a half and my family is especially grateful! I was having mood swings where I would cry one minute and then be laughing uncontrollably for no reason-except uneven hormones. The Celexa has leveled me out and I feel better, not to mention how much everyone else appreciates me being "normal" again. The drugs don't work for everyone, but I for one am happy to have them.
Unread 01-02-2007, 06:45 PM
Having another meltdown

Catch, here is your chill pill.

Hey your almost there. You don't have to wait 6 more weeks, just 6 more days. A week from today you'll be smooth sailing with your recovery. Then you can come back and tell us how much better you feel. You are a very supportive member on this website and I'm sorry you are feeling stressed. My advise is to just feel it.

As far as the paxil goes, you would probably be okay with it. However I would run it by your surgeon though. That stuff takes a couple of weeks to take full effect. I would look into that too. I plan on starting Wellbutrin 2 weeks prior to surgery. I am going to use if for mood as well try and quit smoking again. I quit for 8 years had all my babies and picked the darn things up again. Anti-depressants affect my sex drive. I figure I won't have one anyway for a while after surgery.

Hang in There.

Sherri
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-02-2007, 06:46 PM
Having another meltdown

I also take celexa! If you are nervous or anxious and you taold your PCP and that is the advice you got, go with it. THat person is the doc. I got my first stool softener in the hospital the night after surgury. My surgury was at 2 by 6 I had had a stool softener. If this is a concern be sure to talk to the surgeon as well as the pre-admit people at the hospital.
Unread 01-02-2007, 06:51 PM
Oops, I dropped it LOL!

Thanks so much
I was a bit worried about the Paxil/ sex drive issue, but I then figured " uhhhh, don't think I'm going to be having too much sex for awhile anyway, so what the heck! " I do know that it will take several weeks to kick in, but perhaps it will help me with the weepies for a few weeks post-op.
My dad took Wellbutrin to stop smoking and it worked! His mood was also lighter and he was far more outgoing. he had a stroke after he quit and started again!!!!!!! ( head slap ) but I will attest to the fact that it works!
Thanks for the cyber hug, I needed it!
Unread 01-02-2007, 06:56 PM
Having another meltdown

I haven't seen this posted on this site but on another they recommend you take bottled water with you. It makes alot of sense to me. I had gallbladder and hernia surgery 18 months ago and the water in those little pink jugs bites. The ice melts fast and it seem like it takes on the taste of the cheap plastic. I know my husband is going to babysit a six pack of Aquafina for me. I will probably freeze a couple and put them in a little softside cooler. I am hoping to not have to spend the night since I'm have a TLH. However I am going to bring extra just in case.

Take Care,
Sherri
Unread 01-02-2007, 07:13 PM
Having another meltdown

Thanks Sherri,
If I am nauseated after surgery I don't think I will enjoy the taste of lukewarm plastic
May I ask what other sites you have visited? LOVE to stay informed ( or make myself crazy depending on how you look at it! )
Unread 01-02-2007, 07:37 PM
Having another meltdown

Try to take deep breaths and relax. I know it's easy for me to say, I am on the "other" side. It really wasn't as bad as I imagined it would be. The last 8 weeks have flown by. One good thing to bring with you is lip balm. My lips were constantly dry ! I also loved having my soft, comfy robe during my walks around the floor. Hugs to you.........don't wear yourself out before your surgery !

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register