surgery in one week | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

surgery in one week surgery in one week

Unread 09-03-2002, 08:45 AM
surgery in one week

Joy68 wrote on 08-25-2002 03:09 PM:
Hi, I was reading your post about your trip to the Castle and how you're doing now. I was wondering since the time that you posted that, has your tummy went down anymore to your "normal 5/6 size"? I am scheduled for my TAH on Sept. 10th and I can honestly say that one of the things that scares me the most is a big belly that won't go away. I too am a 5/6 and exercise regularly so I was just wondering if you've had any success getting rid of the "excess baggage". Thanks for listening and take care!

dawnjxsn wrote on 08-30-2002 01:19 AM:
Joy68,
I am sorry I have not been on the internet for a few weeks and I had no idea that you had emailed me.

As far as your question, well I would be lying to you if I said that I am a slim and trim 5/6 right now. What has happened is I have lost a lot of my swelly belly! At times you feel that you will never get back to what you were pre=puctured, but let me assure you it is well worth it!

I personally look and feel so much better. I know that I can not exercise for at least another month now, and I had my surgery back in May. But I have learned that I must be patient and trust. I have a goal that I will exercise and get a flat flat tummy! this now gives me a goal to look forward to and not try to rush myself getting very depressed. I just keep reminding myself that within a YEAR, yes a Year I will get better that I ever was!!

When you get out you will look and feel pregnant, and depending upon how you are in a few weeks you will get even better. When you will move to a place that you will want to get out of your pj's and robe, only to find that your granny panties, and all other clothes don't fit this is when I found this whole thing very depressing at first! But just wait and be patient and gentle with yourself.

Maybe even now you might consider going and buying some nice, comfy, loose, stylish clothes (yes maybe even a size or two larger temporaily) some that make you happy. then you won't be rumaging around your dh closet and ending up wearing his clothes only depressing you more.

Something else, take this time to pamper yourself, when and only when you feel like it. Manicure your nails and toenails, pluck your eyebrows, slough your body, change your hairstyle and makeup, etc. Concentrate on your other assets and beautiful features that make you, you. And listen when your dh,dd,ds, or dear friend says how beautiful you look, instead of under your breath saying something negative.

I am a christian, and I prayed hard for God to help me to see myself better, to not be depressed, to "cast down imaginiations" that the enemy was speaking in my ear, only sometimes that enemy was me. God has really given me a new perspective of what is next for me in this next phase of my life.

I changed my hair, makeup, clothes, but what really changed was the way I saw me. I thought that my looks and who I was depended mostly on what I saw in the mirror and scale. Now I know that "this too shall pass" I will be doing yoga and sit-ups once again. I walk a lot, even just around the mall. I drink my Revial Soy shake once a day, eat before 7pm, and I have decided to just take advantage of all the different ways to dress where I feel good and sexy and still cover up the little pooch I still have. I love tying stuff around my waist, and big purses

So yeah I have gotten better since May, but it takes time!! and I know I still have a long way to go! But God knows how I feel and He will help me lose the weight, get a flat tummy, and take care of myself and my emotions. But one of the fruit of the spirit is PATIENCE and this is what I have learned the most!!

So as you go into your castle cling to this website. Buy the book from here, know that your not alone, and don't worry about how you will look later, concentrate all your time and energy on listening to your heart!

I pray that this willl help you, sorry so long winded I will keep you in my prayers! Keep your Joy, Joy, another fruit of the spirit, and fear not!

All My love and Prayers

Joy wrote
Hi Dawnjxsn! Thanks sooooooo much for all your encouragment and words of wisdom as I approach 1 week until D-Day. UGH

I too am a Christian, so I know I am going to have to rely on Him not just for the physical aspect but just as much for the mental aspect of things. I'm glad to hear that you are doing so well right now. I will be glad when I can at least be up and walking if nothing else for awhile. My hubby is very supportive so that helps too. Thanks again and say a little prayer for me next Tuesday the 10th!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register