30 years old & scheduled total hysterectomy today | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

30 years old & scheduled total hysterectomy today 30 years old & scheduled total hysterectomy today

Unread 04-20-2009, 10:14 PM
30 years old & scheduled total hysterectomy today

Ok- I'm 30 years old & I schedled my hysterectomy today. It's for 6/4. I feel good about the decision. I have PCOS, severe adhesions on by fallopian tubes and endometriosis. I have extremely painful & heavy periods & have had since I was 17. We found out a couple of years ago that I couldn't get pregnant without medical help- we tried IVF 4 times without having a pregnancy that lasted (1 m/c)... we adopted a beautiful & perfect girl & I'm so in love with her! I am absolutely 100% fine without having a biological child & wihtout going through pregnacy. I am scared about this though. Has anyone gone through this at my age? What should I expect? My doc said I'd be in HRT for a while. Can anyone suggest any supplements or vitamins to take to help me prepare?? I'm glad I have a few weeks to get myself ready for htis & would love any advice anyone can give. THank yoU
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-21-2009, 10:15 AM
Re: 30 years old & scheduled total hysterectomy today

You are young, but I have noticed on the boards, there are some even younger than yourself who are going through or have gone through the same thing. Being scared is a normal part of surgery and the waiting of this is the worst part. Once the time comes, most likley you will find what most of us have, and will be relaxed and calm. As far as vitamins or supplements, I would ask the doctors before doing anything of that nature.
In the meantime, might I also suggest different areas of the website which will suggest herbs and spices etc. not to eat before surgery. There are many informational places as well, which give hints of what to ask at your pre op visits, what to take to the hospital etc.
Good luck and hope it helps!
Unread 04-21-2009, 02:51 PM

Hi snoopyfan, and

I didn't take any special supplements and just stuck to a regular multivitamin before my surgery. Your doctor may have a list of specific recommendations. Have you checked out our Pre-Op Resources page? It has a lot of articles on different kinds of pre-op issues, and I found it very helpful in preparing for my hysterectomy.

You can put your scheduled hysterectomy date in your profile by going to your control panel and editing details. Do you know yet what kind of surgery you're having? Once you know, you can look through the HysterStories about the same surgery type you'll be having.

I'm glad you found us
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-21-2009, 03:09 PM

Hi there - I am glad you have found hystersisters....I was just told today that I will be having a LAVH, waiting to hear on my op date.
I am 27.
Good luck to you, I think it is wonderful that you are at peace with this decision.
best wishes
Unread 04-21-2009, 07:40 PM

Thanks everyone. I'm glad to have found this site also!! It's funny- I've been going back & forth - which I'm sure I will for the next few weeks. It's been a bit of a bad day -- MIL told an aunt about the upcoming surgery-- she happens to be a nurse & has alot of opponions about it- she's not the type to keep her thoughts quiet. Well- I'm a bit upset that she was told - I"m a private person & like to keep things quiet until I'm comfortable with it. Then it's almost been like I'm wrong for this.. Kind of irritated- anyway sorry about that.. just needed to vent

THanks for the referrels to different areas in the site & all that. I'm just getting used to navigating things on here so hopefully I'll be more fluent in this soon!! I'm having a total abdominal hysterectomy. Doc knows that it's best to take it all out now at once since it'll all have to come out eventually at some point. I feel good about it but am kind of freaked about going through menopause at 30.

Maui- wow - 27. I just found out today that a good friend had one at 27. Good luck in your upcoming surgery.
Natespj- it looks like yours is scheduled for Monday. GOod luck- I'll keep you in my prayers that it goes well.

Thanks again for all that replied. It's also helping to not feel so alone in this. The only person in my family that I know who had one was my grandma at age 57-- it's nice to have people who understand.
Unread 04-21-2009, 08:04 PM

I am having a TAH BSO on Thursday the 23rd. I am scared but very excited. I have had two c-sections and am comparing the recovery of the two. I will also be doing HRT hopefully we can muddle through this together as I am 30 also.
Unread 04-21-2009, 08:30 PM

livincello- it looks like you are exactly 10 days older than me!!! Wow- the 23rd is almost here. I hope everything goes well this week!! I'll be praying that everything works out. Have you talked to your doc about HRT? Mine already told me that I"ll have to do it but we haven't talked about the specifics.
Unread 04-24-2009, 08:50 AM

snoopy fan, appreciate the thoughtfulness of prayers, but I've had mine done already and today am 4 weeks post op. March 27, but an easy mistake, as I've caught myself doing the very same thing on here. None the less, I will keep you in prayer that all goes well and you have a very speedy recovery. Looking forward to seeing you on the "other side" (post op board)!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register