Two Drs - Two Totally Different Perspectives | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Two Drs - Two Totally Different Perspectives Two Drs - Two Totally Different Perspectives

Unread 11-24-2014, 08:26 AM
Two Drs - Two Totally Different Perspectives

Hello!

I am 41 years old and am in a waiting game for more answers from drs regarding females issues.

I have always had difficult periods with pain and heavy bleeding, but the last few months I have had a heaviness and pelvic pain along with very, very light spotting a few times between periods, which average about every 17-24 days now. The smallest amount of fluid in my bladder makes me feel like I'm gonna pee my pants, but I don't have a UTI. Went to family practice, and the nurse practitioner found a nodule on my cervix and sent me to a gyno (I don't have one here, so I went where she could get me in quickest). The gyno did an exam, said he guessed it was a cyst, and ordered an ultrasound for a few weeks later.

Fast forward to last week and I was in so much pain I tried to move up my ultrasound and appointment with gyno, but they couldn't get me in. Went back to nurse practitioner because of pain, and she sent me straight to imaging center for ultrasound. Ultrasound reveal weird "serpentine vascular abnormality" so I was sent the next morning for an MRI. MRI showed very high end of normal thickening of uterus and inhomogenous uterine lining. NP called me before I had even gotten home with results and said she thought gyn would order a biopsy of uterus. NP sent tests to gyn, gyn never reviewed them until I reminded him during my follow up with him that I had had tests. He read them, and said "Well, huh. If I had to make a guess, I'd guess it was adenomyosis." And then I sat through ten minutes of hard sell for a Mirena IUD. To say I am confused would be an understatement.

I have one doctor getting me in right away for tests/rushing results, but the gyno has been dismissive at both my appointments with him. I told him at the follow up that before I decided to get an IUD or the Depo shot or start back on birth control pills (he was wanting to schedule me right them or write a prescription to hand me), I wanted to figure out what was going on and fix it. His reply was, "You are 41 years old and ovulating. There is nothing wrong."

I get that a gyno is considered an expert on gynocological issues, but I feel like the Nurse Practitioner is the one who has taken this seriously. I wouldn't be so concerned, but lately things have changed with my cycles/periods/symptoms. Any maybe its nothing - perimenopause or something.

Am I overreacting? I see the NP again tomorrow, and I think I am going to ask for another gyno to review my tests, etc. so I can get a second opinion. Just. So. Confused.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-24-2014, 08:33 AM
Re: Two Drs - Two Totally Different Perspectives

Get another gyno stat. Just because he's a doctor, doesn't mean he's a good doctor. There are plenty of bad ones out there, and this guy sounds like he might be one of them. Also you might want to see about getting an oncology gyno to rule anything out, for more peace of mind. That's what I would do, anyway.
Unread 11-24-2014, 11:47 AM

Agreed 100% with Kat213. "If I had to guess?" You aren't paid to GUESS, pal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-24-2014, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat213 View Post
Get another gyno stat. Just because he's a doctor, doesn't mean he's a good doctor. There are plenty of bad ones out there, and this guy sounds like he might be one of them. Also you might want to see about getting an oncology gyno to rule anything out, for more peace of mind. That's what I would do, anyway.
I totally agree with Kat on this!!! You need to find a new doctor asap. I had a similar experience with my former doctor and I finally changed. I don't regret that at all. She has shown me what doctors are supposed to be like. You deserve someone educated and caring. You need to run for your life from this guy. Thinkin' about you, gal!!! BEST WISHES!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register