Help! No desire to have sex - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Sexual Dysfunction After Hysterectomy

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Help! No desire to have sex Help! No desire to have sex

Unread 01-07-2011, 11:07 AM
Re: Help! No desire to have sex

all of these describe me to a tee
sue
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-07-2011, 01:40 PM

I went to my obgyn today. I must say, I really was impressed with her! She REALLY listened to me. She's doing a full work up on me and is going to start me on hrt and is willing to work in conjunction with the bloom study. If any ladies live in the kerrville, Texas area, PM me for her name. She is wonderful!!!
Unread 01-11-2011, 11:43 AM

Hello all;

I am in the same boat with many of you. I Still have ovaries and
I did get a complete blood panel & hormone workup and my levels are normal. I have pretty much no interest in sex for the most part but I desperately want to. My hubby is understanding and at the most we have sex every few months. It is good when we do but I feel like it's my fault we don't. We always had a slow sex life (i had a higher libido than him) but now it feels like it's nothing. Sigh...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-28-2011, 09:54 PM

I had such a positive experience with Hystersisters, and my TAH in 2008 went very well with little to no complication, I healed beautifully and everything seemed like it was fixed. But here I am, back here, at the place where I got so much support back then, and needing more.
I am saddened every day by my body's lack of sexual response. My orgasms are still very enjoyable when I do have them, but sadly the road to get there is longer, and less fulfilling. When we are in the start of intimacy the feelings I used to have are non-existent. Having always been a highly sexual woman and with sex as a priority in my life, this has been the hardest part of my transition following the surgery. This issue is the only thing that is upsetting me; it doesn't bother me at all that I won't have children. But my love life is so precious to me.. I feel I need to find a way for the feelings I used to get to come back. I am sad. While I'm not regretful of my decision to have the surgery, this after effect is a painful one.
Unread 03-25-2011, 03:27 PM

I'm having the same problem. I'm 6 YEARS post-op and everything seemed fine...at first. Now that my hormones (or should I say, lack thereof?) have settled in I find myself totally and completely disinterested in sex. I have ZERO desire.

And, of course, this is not good news for my guy. He's taking this all very personally and doesn't really understand. Even though I've tried over and over and OVER again to explain it to him that it's NOT him...it's me. It just sucks.

I just recently went to see my doc to see if switching from the Climara patch to an Estrogen/Testosterone pill would help. I haven't started it yet. Need to get all the patch's estrogen out of my system 1st.

This is killing me. And depressing me in a HUGE way. The only good part is being here and knowing I'm not alone.
Unread 04-11-2011, 03:30 PM

I too have had the same problem with absolutely no sex drive at all - many discussions (aka as "fights") with my spouse about this. He tries to understand, but just doesn't - gets his feelings hurt and feels undesired since I never initiate anything sexual anymore. When I try to explain the "desire" just isn't there he just doesn't get it! I'm currently on Estratest which is suppose to replace the testosterone (sp?) since I no longer have ovaries to produce it. I've tried just about everything I hear will help to resurrect my Libido, but with no luck! All my doctor recommends is to read a sexy book or thing sexy thoughts before my husband gets home and just attack him! Please...... So far nothing has helped me. My husband is to the point that he is just saying he doesn't care anymore and that we have a "sexless marriage"! I don't know what to do anymore..... I'm open to any suggestions....
Unread 04-12-2011, 06:51 AM

I am right there with ya on this. I am 39years old and now I have no desire what so ever. I talked to my doctor about it and he said well you have one ovary you should be fine and marked it off as that. so that frustrated me. I get sad when my friends talk about their sex life and desires. I am like what are you talking about but really I have never had this huge drive either.
Unread 04-14-2011, 07:59 AM

Hi there ladies... don't give up hope. It has been 10 years next month since I had my surgery and I recently found a wonderful doctor who is working with me in regards to hormones. He and I set up a schedule and I am following the sex schedule as well as taking estradiol and prometrium. Two months into this and I am a new woman... I am even regrowing pubic hair! I know.... ewww! But so exciting on the other hand! I really hope that you all find something to work. I just can't believe that I wasted 10 years of my life skipping from doctor to doctor that wouldn't listen to what I needed.
Unread 04-27-2011, 11:22 PM

Wow - with so many of us experiencing such similar frustrations you would think it would be easier to find answers! Thank you all for posting and sharing your stories. I'm about 8 months post-op and everything was going great until about month 5 an now have no libido (very odd for me with my hubby), am very dry which is also abnormal and my digestion is completely WHACKED. I can't hardly eat anything without blowing up with painful gas; to the point where my clothes get uncomfortably tight and my range of motion is limited.
Ugh!!!! Going to the gyno next Tuesday but am not optimistic. I do have a friend who went through the same - we both have ovaries still - and she uses the ring for hrt successfully. We shall see!
Good luck, everyone!
Unread 05-06-2011, 10:26 AM

I am 32 yrs old with no uterus but still have my ovaries...for now, but those too will be coming out soon. I don't have a sex drive now....I can' imagine what it will be like when I have no ovaries! They say it's a hormone thing but I've had my hormones checked and they are "normal" as they say. I am so frustrated! They have a pill for men...no one can come up with something for us!! I am to the point too where I could really care less about sex...but my husband has a good labido...poor guy...he really try's to understand, but they can never really understand I'm going to try the homeopathic route...I will let you know how it goes!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register