Belly Overhang???? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Belly Overhang???? Belly Overhang????

Unread 09-13-2001, 06:38 AM
Belly Overhang????

I am not an overweight person,my fibroids have created a little bit of a belly, which overhangs and leaves a mark about an inch above my scar from a myo 5 yrs ago. I have heard people talk of a belly support thing. Will this overhang cause problems with healing.

Do they go through the old scar or create a new one?

The closer I get, 12 days, the more questions, yet strange the better I feel, maybe anticipation of relief???

Help??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-13-2001, 09:50 AM
Belly Overhang????

Hi Aprilsfool. I know all about the belly overhang: ever since my uterus started growing fibroids, I've been afflicted with the same condition. I'm finally starting to get rid of this, at 9 months post op.

Having had a TVH, I have no idea how the overhang affects surgery. I'm sure someone will come along soon with first hand experience. That is something you can ask your doctor, who's in the best position to help you on this issue.

Wishing you the best of luck.
Unread 09-13-2001, 07:15 PM
Belly Overhang????

Hi Aprilsfool!
I have first hand knowledge of the overhang thing-mine is more like an avalanche!!

You shouldn't have any problems with the healing. I didn't and many of the sisters on here have said the same. Just before I had my surgery there was a lot of discussion about this issue. It
turned out to be no issue at all with me. I kept it dry, used peroxide and gauze 4x4's to cushion the incision from my belly. I used a belly binder given to me in the hospital on my 1st night for about 2 weeks. Seems to help especially while riding in a car.

I had staples and a bikini incision. Hope this eases your mind!
The waiting IS the worst part! Best of luck to you for a speedy recovery.

:usflag: Pray for peace
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-14-2001, 02:40 AM
Belly Overhang????

Hi aprilsfool

I to have the belly overhang from past c-sections. I was hoping the doc would give a tummy tuck while I was there!!!! no luck though..lol..

It has not hurt my healing at all.. after showers I blow dry with a hair dryer on low just to make sure it is really dry so as not to cause an infection. One of the nurses at the castle said this was a good idea for the moisture. I had staples and it didn't affect them at all. I was not given a tummy binder but did walk around with a small pillow everywhere I went just for the cush.

It doesn't seem to be any worse than before and I am hoping I will be able to firm it up this time as I am able to excerise..

Dawn
Dtoolgrl@yahoo.com
Unread 09-15-2001, 01:26 PM
Belly Overhang????

Thanks for the support and advice. 10 Days and counting and the panic attacks are starting. Getting the house cleaned and orderly, maybe I ahould have surgery more often

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register