Pre surgery Questions | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pre surgery Questions Pre surgery Questions

Unread 09-01-2010, 12:02 AM
Pre surgery Questions

Ok where to start? I am 40 years old. Recently had increasing back and pelvic pain. In February of 2009 I had an early miscarraige and during one of the transvaginal US found out that I had a golf ball sized fibroid. Never new this before then. For the past 4 or 5 months I have had the increasing pain and went to get a CT of my abdomen and pelvis. This showed that I had a complex septated cyst on my left ovary. Had an US after the CT which showed the cyst and the fibroid which had grown some since lst year. I have had extremely heavy periods which have made me anemic and painful intercourse. My gyny wanted me to get another US after my next period. I had this done on Monday and he came into the US room and told me that he found another fibroid..this one inside my uterus..which freaked me out. He said we could either do a hysteroscopy and remove the one in my uterus and do laproscopy to remove the left ovary (the cyst had shrunk down but he said it should be removed anyways) and tie my tubes...OR we can do a hysterectomy since I have had abnormal pap smears. I see him Friday to tell him my decision. I am opting for the hyster mostly due to the abnormal paps and the heavy bleading. I have had 2 laproscopic procedures in the past..1 for my gallbladder removal and the 2nd for Lap Band procedure. I was wondering if the pain is similar to those if anyone has had those procedures. He will remove my uterus, left ovary and cervix...and also will do some repair for a minor prolapse of bladder and rectum while he is in there. I just dont know what to expect. Is it more painful with the prolapse reapir. Not sure if he will do it laproscopically or vaginally..but I do know that i would prefer not to have it abdominally. I would appreciate any info or advice any of you can give me ..Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-01-2010, 03:13 AM
Re: Pre surgery Questions

hi!
Last week I had a lavh, and they took the cervix and uterus, and repaired a prolapse etc. 15 years ago I had a laparoscopy to take out the galbladder. I will not say that going through surgery is easy or painfree, but the galbladder thing hurt more.
I am 9 days post op and doing fine.
Compared to all the other options the lavh seems the easiest, but I suggest that you read as much as you can on this website, and then go to your doctor and have a serious conversation about your options.
If you have any questions, ask them here, there is a wealth of knowledge and experience at hystersisters.
good luck

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register