Still confused and nervous... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Still confused and nervous... Still confused and nervous...

Unread 04-14-2005, 07:30 PM
Still confused and nervous...

had a TVH on Jan 31st and kept my ovaries but as I posted awhile back when February rolled around I could tell when my next period would have been then March same thing happened.

This resulted in realizing all my pain issues were still there. Very discouraging to say the least. So at my 8 wk follow up my doctor told me I should have my ovaries removed then.

So on March 28th back in for the BSO. This has not been easy at all. I am an emotional mess. I am so tired I can't stand it. Had my 2 wk visit on Wednesday and was given Cenestin for HRT. I am so not sure if I want to take it. I am only 34 so my surgeon as well as my primary doctor say I should.

I just want to feel better and know that all this has been worth it. It has been a long time since I have felt well in mind and body.

Heather
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-14-2005, 08:36 PM
surgical menopause

I am so sorry you had to go through all this.

If you read the Hormone Articles in the Hystersister Quick Links in the menu bar, you will learn a lot about the difference between surgical menopause and natural menopause.

Two docs told me I would need HRT for my bones, my moods, my brain function, my skin, and my well being. And I am 20+ years older than you.

If you research, talk to your doctor, check out the Hormone Jungle here on this site-you will feel better about whatever decision you decide to make.

I will be you on for a quick road to recovery!
's
Unread 04-14-2005, 09:07 PM
Still confused and nervous...

Hi Heather

You've been through an awful lot this year having gone through 2 surgeries.

Removal of your ovaries is likely going to cause menopause symptoms, as in night sweats, hotflashes, fatigue, trouble sleeping etc. Estrogen replacement, as in the Cenestin that your doctor prescribed is meant to help with those symptoms, and can help with long term quality of life issues, ie. better sleep, less fatigue, bone health, etc.

It will take some time for you to recover and find your balance. In my personal experience (my ovaries were removed too), I found that appropriate estrogen replacement was a key factor in getting back on my feet and feeling good again.

You might also want to visit the Hormone Jungle Message Board on this site, where you will find a lot of good information and support for questions and concerns you may have regarding hormone replacement.

Sending healing 's

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register