Loss of vaginal sensitivity | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Sexual Dysfunction After Hysterectomy

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Loss of vaginal sensitivity Loss of vaginal sensitivity

Unread 07-08-2012, 04:26 PM
Loss of vaginal sensitivity

This is my first post. I am 2 years post op this month. I was diagnosed with pelvic prolapse (uterus, bladder and rectum). Had a VTH with a perineum incision. Lost both ovaries, uterus, and cervix. At the same time I had bladder sling surgery. Post op the main problem was with the perineum incision. It seemed like it took forever to stop being sensitive. Sex was extremely painful. About a year later, I had a second surgery to remove a stitch that was causing pain. Six months ago I began HRT but with Bio-identicals. Also use Estriol vaginal creame about three times a week and lubricant for sex. Sex is no longer painful BUT I have completely lost vaginal sensitivity. I swear I can’t feel a thing! Any suggestions for improved sensitivity? Orgasm is out of the question since there is no feeling at all.

PS: Let me say I am thrilled to have found you. I too am depressed and miss how I used to feel. It is so reassuring to know there are others like me out ther.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-08-2012, 09:40 PM
Re: 2 years post op and no sex

Houston,
I am only 6 months out...and had no cutting or stitching below the waist...and kept my cervix..so our surgeries were vastly different..however..I had lots of scar tissue removed as well as two adhesions. So lots of scraping and moving things around. The result for me thus far...is that I too have lost vaginal feeling, including my clitorus and vulva. My doc thinks I have prudendal nuralgia...damage to the prudendal nerve. I get strong electric like pains once in a while..but otherwise have nearly no feeling...except for a patch on my perineal area and a spot at the very top of my vulva.
So for me too, climax has not been a possiblility. I was really upset and depressed about that for several months...
However...I have found that my breasts have been sensitive in a cycle and have found that through breast play I can achieve a climax like satisfaction from that....and still enjoy my husbands climax. I still hope one day I will regain the sensitivity and feeling..but have learned to deal with it a lttle better.
I hope it will get better for you too!
Hang in there...you are not alone!
Unread 07-11-2012, 07:24 AM
Re: Loss of vaginal sensitivity

I am wondering about the importance of physical exercise and if that helps improve vaginal sensitivity. Also I've read that kegel exercises and the use of "jade eggs" helps improve blood circulation in the vaginal area. Can anyone comment on their experiences with the benefits of exercising and/or kegel as it relates to vaginal sensitivity?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-11-2012, 08:17 PM

Kegals have not helped my sensitivity...but I still do them to make sure I don;t end up with incontinance issues
Unread 07-24-2012, 04:08 PM

I am one year post op. They removed everything except my ovaries. I still have desire. I don't have any vaginal dryness. I just can't feel anything. Orgasm just doesn't happen. We've tried several sexual aids but nothing has helped so far. It is so frustrating that I've just about given up. Sex just doesn't seem like it is worth the effort. We both just get frustrated. I don't know if there is anything that will help or if this is just the way it will be from now on.
Unread 07-29-2012, 12:39 AM

I have a lack of external sensitivity. I can still climax with stimulation but I find a lack of desire and a lack of sensation initially. Sometimes it's frustrating as I just don't feel a physical interest and I miss the excitement and build up during foreplay.
Unread 01-23-2014, 06:37 AM

Any of your lady's have any improvement ! HAVING SAME ISSUE loss off all sensation in my vagina .Help I feel alone.
Unread 03-27-2014, 08:26 AM

You are not alone. Same here. I honestly believe most of this is in my mind because my last surgery they took everything so i felt there was this endless abyss. I was even emotional after sex our first few times. I find if my mind isr ight it's better. I also heard about singing called neurogen or similar to that i may check that out.
Unread 03-29-2014, 10:04 PM

So good to know there are others! I was really starting to blame myself. I had my uterus and cervix removed 2 years ago when I had surgery for rectal prolapse and pelvic sling with colostomy. Last summer had the ovaries removed due to tumors (benign). After that last surgery, which also included removal of a lot of scar tissue, it has been frustration. Once in a while my body will surprise me and climax. For the most part though.....no sensation. Difficult!
Unread 04-02-2014, 11:34 AM

I'm 29 and I'm almost 4 yrs post op. I no longer have my cervix, ovaries or my uterus. I'm on estrace. I suffer from vaginal dryness and I have had 2 orgasms since my surgery. I also go through spurts of heightened sex drive. I wasn't warned about the possibility of loosing my ability to orgasm and I did my research.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register