Suddenly I was crying | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Suddenly I was crying Suddenly I was crying

Unread 01-20-2005, 01:06 PM
Suddenly I was crying

Hi ladies,
I am 8 days post LAVH/BSO. I have really been doing great!! Not too much pain, have been resting a lot and doing all the stuff you are supposed to do and I have really had a good post op experience. Today my husband called to check and on and ask how I was doing and as I opened my mouth to tell him I was fine I was suddenly crying!?!? Of course he became quite concerned, wanted to know what was wrong, did he need to come home etc. and I didn't know what to tell him. I felt fine. No pain. Not tired. Just crying for no aparent reason. I know that my hormones are probably quite messed up right now. I had an estrogen patch put on in the hospital and they told me to leave it on for one week. I did great. No weeping or tears. I got a prescription for estrodiol 1mg and was told to take the one they gave me in the hospital off and put the new one on in one week. I did that on Tuesday night. It is different than the one they gave me in the hospital. I don't know if that could be the cause of this sudden emotional let down or what. Did this happen to anyone else? Will it pass? Is is temporary? I knew there would be some emotional ups and downs but I didn't even see this one coming until it was almost over. Now I'm feeling just fine. But I'm worried it will happen again. Is this normal? Anyone elses perpective is welcome.

Thanks!!

Becky

LAVH/BSO due to endo, PCS and ovarian cysts. Currently on estrodial patch 1mg.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-20-2005, 03:58 PM
Suddenly I was crying

I can sooo relate to you. I had the same problem. Actually I still get that way sometimes. My DH ws getting very concerned with me too. He would phone and I would just start crying. Not sure why. However it did feel much better after I stopped crying. It was strange. You are not alone in this! I find that it is worse when I am tired. Take care!
Unread 01-20-2005, 05:39 PM
Suddenly I was crying

Hi BeckyAnn,

I hear ya! I scared myself once since surgery with the same thing. I was laughing at my hubby and it turned straight to tears. I made sure he didn't see cause he would have called my doctor!!
Never has that happened before!

Here's what I think about it. We have left over or stored hormone in our bodies that can last 1 to 2 weeks. So, day of surgery the patch goes on, the ovaries come out....we're doing well until our natural reserve depleats. Then, we take a dip. I had the tear incident, one wakeful night and my doctor increased my patch to the next level. Since then...been ok.

My doctor said let's just start out with the least amount of hormone ( i'm 55) and we'll add to it as needed.

Now if we don't want to say it was hormonal...we could say that hubby asked how I felt and suddenly; I feel all alone, I hurt, I have no female organs left, the whole family is talking about poor me, I'm bored, I'm scared, I just went through this major surgery and I survived....call it shell shock, trauma...i don't know,and i don't know why I'm crying, this is so unlike me! I'm losing it or....
it's hormonal!!! .

I think we should blame it on the hormones or lack of..and I think we should call it normal....for now.
Maralyn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-20-2005, 06:26 PM
Suddenly I was crying

Thanks ladies! I will show my DH your responses and hopefully he won't think I'm too crazy. It's nice to hear that others have experienced it too. Thanks for the feedback.

Becky
Unread 01-20-2005, 06:57 PM
Suddenly I was crying

Ya know what BeckyAnn? I believe hormones make us go up and down...I really do. I just don't like it. I'm afraid that my hubby will want me to call the doctor if I cry now or get angry. Guess what? I cried and got angry plenty for 35 years of married life. Now, I feel like I'm under a microscope. Like it can be blamed on HORMONES, and now he has an excuse not to take me seriously! Hubby was present when doctor was talking about the hormone stuff. Almost wish he wasn't!

I just feel like he's taking notes. I'm afraid he may think I need my hormone tweaked if I have a normal reaction to something. I get this image of The Stepford Wives; complacent, obliging, smiling, ever-doing, perfect little wife. I wonder if he thinks I could become this perfect thing if he snuck up and stuck four more hormone patches to my rear!

I need to find something to do!!!

Maralyn
Unread 01-20-2005, 07:20 PM
Suddenly I was crying

Maralyn,

You make me laugh!!! I can use that right now. Thanks for the support. To be fair though, my DH is genuinely concerned and only wants me to feel my best (of course he's sitting right here) and I think this sudden emotional outburst caught both of us by suprise. I was expecting the ups and downs, I just thought I would see them coming. Oh well, I suppose we take it day by day and hope it all works out. Thanks!!!!

Becky
Unread 01-21-2005, 08:47 PM
Suddenly I was crying

BeckyAnn,

Keep the kleenex handy! I kept one ovary, so I thought - no problem - not going to have any tears. WRONG. Lots of tears at the strangest times..but always when I am tired and haven't rested enough. Resting during the next few weeks is definately the key. Happy Healing.

By the way...my DH is learning to just hug me when I get teary. I am getting a lot of hugs lately.
Unread 01-21-2005, 11:36 PM
Suddenly I was crying

Yes, I too cried at times after my surgery. I kept both ovaries....but I still had my moments that I cried and cried for no reason at all. Nothing was bothering me.....not tired.....just very very emotional. But hang in there. I am 4 months post op....and I only feel like crying every so often....and only for a moment and it passes. Soon....very soon.....you will feel much much better. It really does get much better.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register