I wish I was a dog..... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I wish I was a dog..... I wish I was a dog.....

Unread 06-25-2004, 02:30 PM
I wish I was a dog.....

I have a young female Welsh Corgi as well as three male mini Dachshunds (all fixed). When the female was a puppy she had her doggie castle experience. Next day I had to keep her in her crate a lot to keep her from hurting herself because she was bouncing around so much. Her itchy stitches seemed to bother her more than anything. So, at this point, I wish I was a dog!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-25-2004, 02:37 PM
I wish I was a dog.....

I had that feeling, too.

I was SO nervous beforehand. i would look at my sweet doggy, all teary-eyed and scared and remember how well she was the next day. i'd hug her and ask for strength.

i started telling my fella we were all going to be fixed around here.

one day doggy ripped the insides of her toy out, little squeaky thing and all. i showed it to fella and laughed, "see. my turn next then i guess it's you."

the week before was the worst part of the whole thing for me. my nerves really got the better of me.

everything went well and i already feel better than before. not bounding up on the couch like doggy was, but pretty darn good.

peace and wellness,
Unread 06-25-2004, 02:43 PM
I wish I was a dog.....

Aaahh, bless them!

Dpn't forget though that our little furry friends only had bits snipped, not removed!

Still, don't they help you recover!

xxx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-25-2004, 02:56 PM
I wish I was a dog.....

"Dpn't forget though that our little furry friends only had bits snipped, not removed!"

Actually, that's not true. They actually have a hysterectomy. They remove the female organs.

However, they are young and don't know what hit them. I think that their young doggy craziness doesn't allow them to rest.

I wish I could ignore pain like that!

missmish- how is it like having the ovaries. Does it feel the same except without bleeding and cramps and all that nastiness? I get to keep one of mine- the other is engulfed in endometriosis and has become the bain of my existence.
Unread 06-25-2004, 03:48 PM
I wish I was a dog.....

Wow, did not realise they actually had a hyster! My poor babies!
Unread 06-25-2004, 04:12 PM
I wish I was a dog.....

Quick question...after your hysterecomy, would you have your dog fixed again? I mean, if you had an unfixed one that is. Right now we have two fixed female dogs and one fixed male one. Also raise dogs too. What I used to do is when it's retiring time, get the dog fixed and then placed in a home, but now...with tomorrow looming, I am just wondering....would I do that again to my puppies? Just somethine I have been thinking about.
Unread 06-25-2004, 10:05 PM
I wish I was a dog.....

Just a quick response to the last post- it's well documented that "fixed" pets lead healthier and longer lives than unfixed ones. Typically, it's done before 6 months of age and they recover quite quickly. Unless there is a valid reason to breed an animal, the responsible pet owner will snorfle/snorfle their pets. Sorry if this sounds "preachy", but there are millions of wonderful dogs and cats being euthanized every year because owners don't want to take away their pets "natural" urges. Very sad...
Unread 06-25-2004, 10:08 PM
I wish I was a dog.....

how did the snorfle/snorfle end up as two such ludicrous words in my last post? hope no one is changing things as they are posted.
Unread 06-25-2004, 10:10 PM
I wish I was a dog.....

I won't be posting on this site again- as two innocuous words are being misconstrued in my posts. It is ridiculous and humiliating
Unread 06-25-2004, 10:43 PM
I wish I was a dog.....

I have a 3 month old puppy. I will be taking her in to be snorfleed when the vet says it's time. I remember our last dog. She was all peppy so soon after surgery. I wonder why we aren't as quick to heal as they are?~Moonchime

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register