Scheduled TAH Surgery Scheduled | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery Scheduled Surgery Scheduled

Unread 09-12-2009, 12:47 AM
Surgery Scheduled

Anyone one else out there with October 21st date for surgery? I am scheduled for my TAH/BSO on that date....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-12-2009, 05:01 AM
Re: Anyone else w/ Oct. 21st?

Hi darceyd!

I'm close to your date, but I'm not scheduled until just after it on Oct. 30th. I'm having dVH/TLH-BSO with cystocele repair. Because of the cystocele repair I am scheduled to stay overnight which means I'm supposed to get home in time for Trick or Treat! I'll probably sleep through it though if the dog doesn't bark too much. LOL!

Linda
Unread 09-12-2009, 05:25 AM

I am not really sure what all I will have to have done....unlike alot of sisters here I havent had to go thru the years of Dr. appt's, different types of things to try to relieve pain and such. I went to my Mid-wife and after NOT going for several years (I know---bad bad bad----but I got tired of noone believing me and the pain of the exams was unbearable) she referred me to HER boss....He talked to me, examed me, and determined that the time is NOW to remove all of it. I have a long family history of "femal issues" and I am ready to be done with it. In fact, I am the ONLY female of child bearing age in my family that has all the parts needed to do it! I have suspected Endo, cysts on ovaries, and possible fibroids. I suspect some prolapse---that is the reason for the TAH----we just dont know until he gets in there with the LAP. first.

Are you nervous about your upcoming "crowning"? Personally, I cant wait but I am still very nervous about it. Hope you are feeling well enough on the 31st to be able to eat some of the goodies---do are going thru such a "neat" trick that you will deserve it! LOL

Darcey
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-12-2009, 07:02 AM

darceyd,

Just a little concerned since I have a history of multiple pulmonary emboli and asthma. The DR requested my pulmonologist ok and wants him involved. Also, I've been losing weight the past few months - from 138 to 122 lbs. and I'm almost 5'10". I lost my appetite. I have had pain during intercourse for the past year and they found that the ovarian cyst was a "hot spot" when they did the PET scan for my lung nodules. I also have fibroids. I am looking forward to getting rid of the pain!!!

Linda
Unread 09-12-2009, 10:27 PM

Linda,

I have had pain with intercourse for several years now but it has gotten progressively worse the last several months. It's gotten to the point that my poor DH is afraid to touch me! Makes me so sad for him. I think that as long as your doctor is aware of all of the medical conditions you have and they are willing and able to work with whomever they need to make your surgery a success, then that is what matters. I have to have confidence that the person I am putting my life in to do the right thing for me. Of course, that doesnt diminish my fears very much! LOL But.....I can't live the rest of my life like this either.

Darcey

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register