Preparing for surgery! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Preparing for surgery! Preparing for surgery!

Unread 01-26-2013, 06:36 AM
Preparing for surgery!

I have found some really great info over the last few days on this site!

Yesterday I attempted to make a meal list.... But maybe I can finish it today for next shopping next week! I have found Pinterest has been a great source of easy make ahead dishes!!!!

Last night I went grocery shopping and our local Meijer had yoga type pants on sale for $6.00 so I picked up a few pair!

I had my "taxi" service all set for errands and dr appts, shirt visits to work (my dad)as he retired at the end of December, but mom said he's already bored andisheading back to work!!!! It had me in tears but ok ow things will work out or I will stay home like the dr wants for the two full weeks.... Yes I have the dh, but he works all day...... Ok ok knowing am being a baby! But the thought of being confined to the house scares me more than the surgery!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-27-2013, 08:51 AM
Re: Preparing for surgery!

Sounds like you are getting ready.

Honestly, the first week I was home I did not remotely feel like going anywhere! The second week, I would go outside and soak up the sun for a bit, than it was back to the sofa. I would tire easily and quickly.

Unread 01-27-2013, 09:58 AM

My surgery is on Thursday and I have to Get payroll done by wed of the next week'. I hope I can do it!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-27-2013, 10:55 AM

Is there anyone who can take over payroll and your other work duties for you? Not trying to worry you, but I doubt you are going to feel up to doing much that first few weeks. My first week especially, I got tired just getting up from the couch and letting my dogs outside.
Unread 01-27-2013, 12:25 PM

Great deal on the yoga pants. Wish we had meijer here to.
You are going to want to rest as much as you can those first few days. I know you're the only one who can handle the payroll but you may want to prepare a bit in advance do what you have to do I'd minimal. Remember you only have one chance to heal, use it wisely.
Take advantage of the time to yourself to rest as well as get moving a bit.
My mother once told me that the people who recovered the fastest was the smokers because they were motivated to get up to go for a smoke. that doesn't mean to push it though, just get up and move around a bit when you can.
Remember nothing over 10lbs for 6 weeks too do DH and the little D's can do all the dirty work. There's that maid you've been hunting down.
Take it easy. Message me anytime.
Unread 01-27-2013, 02:03 PM

There is everything I can do from my bed, yoga pants and unbrushed hair, Everything except pushing it to the bank! Luckily it's winter here in the mitten state I only have a skeleton crew working!

Believe me I need this time to get some r & r! Yep this surgery is my vacation...,, sad, very sad!

I have found some great make ahead meals on pinterest!!!!!
Unread 01-27-2013, 02:09 PM

I have a hard time staying in the house normally but for some reason it wasn't challenging for me as much as I thought it would be. The first week I was so tired that it didn't matter so much, then I would start walking outside, down the block, eventually around the block and so on.
I stocked up on magazines & books, though found I had little attention span for long articles and books until about 2 weeks out. I also loaded up my netflix cue, both instant and dvd.
Once I was feeling stronger I started cooking and baking here and there. Would get DH to set out the pans I needed and he did the clean up. Honestly, I got so tired during cooking I would just do things in stages. Chop sitting down, go rest a bit, do next recipe step, rest some more, etc. I took up a lot of time and made the day pass quickly.
The odd thing for me when I did finally venture out with DH on a late night Trader Joe's run was that I found being around people and the noise was a bit jarring to me. Normally I love a busy loud restaurant and embrace the energy, not so for a few weeks following the hyster. And it eventually subsided.
More than anything what really helped my recovery was to let it all be whatever it was that day and not stress that I didn't get something done, or walk far enough. Each day is different post surgery, I had several days where I felt great and then wham, soooo tired, then good again. It's all part of the recovery and it does get so much better.
Best wished for an uneventful recovery :-)
Unread 01-27-2013, 02:25 PM

It's my vaca too sadly, but I am saving up for a big one hopefully next year. I've always wanted to go to Europe, so hopefully I can do that.
I'm almost finished giving the condo a good once over cleaning, I found my maid and its me! Imagine my surprise.
Once the cleaning is done, just laundry and cooking left to do. Whoohoo! I'm off all day the day before surgery and may just walk out early on Tuesday to get those final things done so I can rest up Wednesday. Hard to believe its coming up so fast!
Last night out with the girls tomorrow for dinner, gotta make it worth it since I'll be housebound for a week or 5.
Unread 01-27-2013, 02:46 PM

Ellski I am very scared of the being tired port
Unread 01-27-2013, 03:02 PM

Ops, I hit done before I was! Lol.

I Am very scared of the "being tired " part of recovery. But I guess it is what it is, right?!?!

I just made sour cream noodle bake off Pinterest, omg it was wonderful! It will be made for a great comfort food after surgery!!!! It was super easy, easy enough for the dh to make for me!

We had company today, I got the entire house cleaned! One more weekend cleaning then vacation. We bought a new vacuum today....it gave me much excitement especially since I only have about a week to use it! Bahahaha!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register