Bowl prep problems-help | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Bowl prep problems-help Bowl prep problems-help

Unread 12-14-2003, 03:38 PM
Bowl prep problems-help

I have a question, how important is the bowl prep stuff.
I drank it all and I also vomited every bit of it back out and still wasn't able to use the bathroom. It's been hours now.
I was instructed to drink as much water,gatorade,apple juice and eat some jello.
I did all that and still not a thing other than this I haven't eaten anything since last night.
My tummy rumbles and tumbles and I'm still nauseas but no number2. I went ahead and took some over the counter laxitives hoping it may make up for what I vomited out.
Any info be greatly apreciated. TIA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-14-2003, 03:57 PM
Bowl prep problems-help

Ladies I posted to soon. Not even 5 minuted after I posted I had to run to the bathroom as fast as tile floors and socks allowed me to without breaking a leg.
Unread 12-14-2003, 04:02 PM
Bowl prep problems-help

I didn't have to do the bowel prep with my hyster but it was a surprise. I am having to do it on Dec 28th as I am having a colonoscopy. Not looking forward to it, but it needs to be done. Good luck on your castle visit tomorrow. Brenda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-14-2003, 04:30 PM
bowel prep sympathies!

Tam--amazing how that stuff works after all. eh? Sorry you got so nauseous from it. It's it THE WORST STUFF to suck down.

glassnut--I wish the best for you. I've had 2 colonoscopies already, so, Lord knows, I'm familiar with bowel preps, and will get to visit one again before my hyst. The last time, I got very little sleep the night before, having to get up and RUN several times after I thought everything MUST be out of me by now! The best part of the colonoscopy is that you really don't feel or remember a thing! Thank God, because I felt like I had NO humility left. My 1st one, just before I "went out", the doctor who I had never met, came in, and he was the handsomest guy ever! And my heart just sank knowing what parts of me he was going to see!!! LOL!!! and then you get corralled into a mass waiting room afterwards where everyone is farting.

If you can't laugh at yourself and your body, somebody will!!! So. please don't be scared, and just laugh it off. It will help keep you sane! And, prayers for your test results.

junie_seven
Unread 12-14-2003, 06:29 PM
Bowl prep problems-help

junie_seven, your posting about the mass waiting room where everyone is "farting" made me laugh! My doc is also a cutie, but fortunately I will be out! Just the thought of someone looking up my bum is embarrasing, but nothing should embarrass me after my last 2 hospital visits. When I went in for the diverticulitis 2 weeks ago, 2 nurses had to look at my bm's. How gross is that? Oh well, it's comforting to know that I'm not alone in this. Brenda
Unread 12-14-2003, 11:36 PM
Bowl prep problems-help

thank goodness its working for you i have my first colonoscopy last year from blood in stools and they gave me the stuff to drink down the night befor and nothing happened i think my body was trying to get out of it and i called the hospital to let them know they said to come in anyways for the doctor to see me well they saw me and the nurses did also they cleaned me out the way i would never thought they would and i was 2 hours behind and after it was over the doctor said you did fine and ill see ya in 2 weeks i was like ok and i guess he told my mom while i was having the colonoscopy i told him ""you know thats a exit right?"" lol now i dont remebers that but leave it to me i must of said it lol
hugs karlene
Unread 12-15-2003, 01:19 AM
Bowl prep problems-help

Karlene,

I know this is totally gross but I am really curious how they cleaned you out?

Thanks,
Marla
Unread 12-15-2003, 01:39 PM
Bowl prep problems-help

hello np first befor i went it i drank that fleets phosphosoda ewww i dint like it but had to do it nothing happened for me i dont know why it did not but anyways when i got to the hospital i was given enema a couple of times and i guess that worked out fine but to tell you the truth i am one not to hold it in when i have to go i have to go but they said i needed to all the way cleaned out so the doctor can see everything so thats how they did it
huuggs karlene

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register