post op vaginal discharge | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

post op vaginal discharge post op vaginal discharge

Unread 11-14-2005, 07:38 PM
post op vaginal discharge

Hi, I'm new to the board. Had a TVH last Thursday, 11-10. I feel fantastic. He left my ovaries, but did tell me I was most likely going to have my pathology come back as adenomyosis. That's fine, it's gone now! LOL Anyway, I feel so well, no pain meds other than Motrin. I almost think I feel too good.

Today, I started having a lot of liquidy brown discharge, from slight drainage to soaking a pad pretty quickly. I've not really done *that* much. I'm a single mom, so I had to take the girls to school this morning, but that's about it. Is this normal?? Like I said, my GYN told me unless it was bright red or blood clots, I was fine and he wasn't worried.

Anyone else experience this this soon post op? I've read several posts where some experienced it several weeks out, but not this soon. Just curious. I honestly have no pain.

Thanks,

Kim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-14-2005, 08:11 PM

Yes I've had experience this also. I had my surgery on oct 26,2005 uterus remove. the week after that's when I had that discharge. it wasn't that bad... last firday it stop don't . My doctor told me I may have some discharge but don't worry..unless is bloody as a peroid.....call... But other than that ..I'm still in the healing process
Unread 11-14-2005, 09:22 PM

Kim!

Driving 4 days after your hyst? If at all possible, please find someone to drive the children to school. You need to rest and heal. At this time, you have to be selfish and think of yourself. You wouldn't want to have a setback and prolong your recovery.

For most of us that have had vaginal hysts, a discharge is normal. An inconvenience, but normal. Mine lasted for 6 weeks. Most of the time it was just enough to necessitate wearing a panty liner.

Take care of yourself!

Carol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-14-2005, 10:03 PM

Thanks guys. I figure it's normal.

Carol, I probably should clarify...I only drive them to the bus stop at the front of the neighborhood, less than 1/2mile. They walk home in the afternoon!

All in all, I feel fantastic. My fiance has been coming over daily, feeding all my animals (I have a zoo it seems), and running whatever errands I need done. He's been very supportive and great.

I just needed reassurance that this was most likely normal, and it appears it is. 20years as a nurse, and I feel like I know nothing! LOL

Kim

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register