I really think I have cracked...HELP! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I really think I have cracked...HELP! I really think I have cracked...HELP!

Unread 10-20-2009, 11:43 PM
I really think I have cracked...HELP!

Lately I have been feeling so uptight...EVERYTHING irritates me. Ever since my hysterectomy, things bohter me ALOT more!

I was just laying in bed the other night and felt like I wanted to just comeout of my skin and then I felt as if I wanted to just scream. Then everything sets me off and makes me cry for no apparent reason!

I went to my chiropractor and he says my adrenal gland is now messed up. He did not say if it was over active or under active. I do not even know what an adrenal gland does or doesn't do!

As I sit here and type this, I feel so uptight and feel as if I want to run away or just start screaming to the top of my lungs! I do not know what is going on but I feel as if I have really cracked!

I am hoping this will go away in a few days or a few weeks! I know I will not hurt anyone but these feelings are nuts!

I am still tired all the time. I am still at the point of not being able to excercise as much as I used to! I want to be "normal" again! I am still cranky alot. I get frustrated pretty easy now. I am to the point to where I feel like I want to just crawl out of my skin and crawl under a rock and never come out!

My heart will all of a sudden start racing just like I have just been to work out. I can be just sitting somewhere like the other night when my little boy and me were just cuddling and watching a movie. Then when my heart starts racing, my breathing gets faster and my face starts tingling and after that episode passes I am dogged out tired!

Plus living here and having nobody to talk to is NOT helping. My mom is going through alot of crap right now so I do not want to call her and vent and add crap on her...

UGH!!!

Love ya,
Lady Dice
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-21-2009, 12:03 AM
Re: I really think I have cracked...HELP!

You didn't say whether you still have your ovaries or not? If you don't this could be alot of what you are feeling. If you still have your ovaries, they can go into shock after surgery, and not start functioning properly for a while, this may be what you are suffering. I kept my ovary, and I now have massive PMS, and feel anxious, even had a panic attack around the time my period was due. Good luck, hang in there, it will pass. Make sure you are taking a multi vitamin.
Unread 10-21-2009, 12:16 AM

I would follow up with your Dr. soon. They racing heart is most likely related to anxiety, but you always want to be safe. As far as the emotions, that sounds a lot like me. Either mad as can be or crying! From what I read, that seems to be "normal" after a hysterectomy. Not that it's a good thing, but at least others have experienced it. Talk with your Dr. about something for anxiety, also. Without a blood or saliva test there is no way to know if your adrenal glands are functioning correctly. Your adrenal glands produce cortisol which will elevate during times of stress. So, it is possible that you're experiencing "adrenal fatigue" but I would be wary of a diagnosis without any confirmation.
Try to be patient with yourself ( I KNOW.....I'm not patient, either) but you're still not even 2 months out from your surgery.
So, if you're exercising at all, I think you're doing great!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-21-2009, 05:09 PM

Hi (((Lady Dice)))

I am sorry to hear that you are struggling. I also had anxiety after my surgery. It took about three months before I felt more like myself emotionally again. I agree with (((hystersisterus))). It would be a good idea to discuss this with your doctor. There are solutions to help you as your body transitions back to what is more the norm for you.

Are you currently taking estrogen? I know that some doctors prescribe it for a time until the ovaries are back to normal. However, it can also cause some of these types of symptoms. Something to think about if that is the case for you, at any rate.

I am sorry to hear that you feel you cannot turn to your mom at the moment. Please know that we are always here for you.

Many, many, to you!
Unread 10-21-2009, 07:03 PM

I took have noticed that I am a wreck. I am 15 days post op and the littlest things, even nothing, can make me want to scream and run away. I kept both ovaries, maybe they havnt kicked back in?
Unread 10-21-2009, 08:28 PM

I could have written your post! All the hugs in the world to you as I know how horrible it is to feel how you are. I am a mess as well. I have my ovaries but it just feels like they are not working or almost how I felt when my thyroid acted up. It is not nice, I spent the day in my room in the basement so my family wouldnt have to see me such a mess.
I truly hope we all feel better soon
Unread 10-21-2009, 08:35 PM

I COMPLETELY understand what you are going thru... I am 1 week post op today and irritated all the time... it can be the littlest thing, like the tv being too loud, or my 7 year old wanting to sit with me...

It makes me feel so guilty... I kept both of my ovaries, had a TVH... but feel like my hormones are going crazy...

I feel a lot like I did after I had my kids... it kinda feels a little like post partum depression...

I hope it goesaway soon!
Unread 10-21-2009, 08:58 PM

So sorry....I had a TVH on August 26, 2009 and kept my tubes and ovaries....

Today has been such a mess. I am a crossing guard. The crazy drivers were making me nuts....I felt as if I wanted to go back home.

I am not on any hormones at the present time and was wondering if I should contact my OB and tell him what is going on even though he has dismissed me and is giving me my "green light"??

I just know I feel so crazy right now! Last night I thought I was going to go berserk! Even the sheets (which are clean cuase I just put them on!) on my bed were irritating me to no end and I finally fell asleep around like 2:00 am!!!

UGH!!! I want to be "normal" again!!! LOL!!

Love ya,
Lady Dice
Unread 10-21-2009, 09:06 PM

It is comforting to know that I am not the only one...Anxiety is not fun. I had it..woke up in middle of night feeling like I was having out of body experience. I thought I was dying, couldnt breathe or move. It is frightening.
The freaking out attacks are settling down a bit, but I am still touchy about things, and cannot for the life of me keep my mouth shut, lol. I am 6 weeks out, and kept my ovaries.
I have practied meditation in the past, got to try to remember how to do it again.
Good Luck! :-)
Unread 10-22-2009, 05:27 AM

Seriously, thanks for starting this thread. I have had the same symtoms and have wondered if it is in addition to the anxiety that I currently suffer from or if it is adding to it. I have had surgery (unrelated) before and suffered some minor anxiety but nothing like this. I am so thankful that I had the insight to ask the gyn for some meds for this when he sent me home from the hospital. I was given a 30 day supply and I am almost out. I am embarrased to call and ask for another prescription however, some days can't be without it. I seem to get angry, sad and restless it is a vicious cycle. I am having trouble even doing the things that I once enjoyed (scrapbooking, reading, DVD's, going to my kids sporting events) Please tell me that it goes away. Have been on Prozac for 8 years for depression/anxiety. Unable to up the dose due to side effects.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register