Had total on December 6 with bladder tear | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Had total  on December 6 with bladder tear Had total on December 6 with bladder tear

Unread 12-08-2012, 01:04 AM
Had total on December 6 with bladder tear

Hi all
I'm a day out of having my total hysterctomy. My surgery last 4+ hours due to the complication of having my bladder torn. Nurses say I look great and could be discharged but bc of the bladder issue I can't. I must wear a catheter for two weeks and can't even take a day. I feel the tube and it's driving me insane. My surgery incisions are healing and some black and blue but pain is coming from feeling these things inside me. It's taking over my thoughts. I was never one who could wear tampons and this feels like several are stuck. I'm at my wits end. Anyone else go through a total hysterctomy and have a bladder tear? I'm praying doc will take out catheter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-08-2012, 07:38 AM
Re: Had total on December 6 with bladder tear

Good Morning Ponylvr:

I had a bladder tear also and had to wear the Foley catheter for a week. They gave me a medication that turned my urine BRIGHT orange but it decreased the discomfort. My dr explained to me that they have to keep the catheter in because the bladder cannot expand while it is healing. The catheter was my "psychological" undoing while it was in but I am glad that I had it and my bladder healed. Here's the positive: it forced me to take it easy because I could not do anything w the "bag"...
Unread 12-08-2012, 07:59 AM

The dr put a hole in my bladder when cleaning scar tissue during my LAVH and I had to come home with catheter for 2 wks it was a bummer, but it was a blessing as well because it kept me from doing too much too soon. I did not leave my house during that time but I walked by doing laps within my home . I have to say that I healed well during that time and I called it my " pee bag purse " I felt amazing the day the dr took the catheter out!!!! Hang in there and try to enjoy your down time it does get better , happy healing !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-08-2012, 08:30 AM

I'm one who does take things easy after surgeries. I spoke to dr and she's refusing to listen to my issues. This cat feels as if I'm being violated!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register