new member | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 03-02-2007, 11:04 AM

Hi, to all my fellow hystersisters. Had my TAH + BSO on 11th december 2006,and put on HRT from the start. Now into my 11th week. Due 2 go back 2 work,but don't know whether to go back full-time. my boss said that there is no reason that I shouldn't have no problem with lifting now. Still have stabbing pains near scar line and numb tummy. I would be gratefull for any advice. Kind regards.sisterbigpants
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-02-2007, 11:49 AM

I would say it depends on how you feel and what type of job you have. I work on computers all day. I went back to work half time to start and then full time after 4 weeks because of insurance issues. But my energy is high and most days I feel pretty good.

Ask yourself if you have enough energy to get through a full day. It may be best to go back part time for the first week and ease back into full time.

Take care. Sending you lots of energy.

Lyn
Unread 03-02-2007, 12:48 PM

In my opinion, unless your boss is a doctor, you need to ask your doctor about going back to work and lifting.

In January, I was five months post-op. I was physically doing really well and hadn't had any problems. I went to a friend's house to watch her boys 5 and 7. One weighed 30 pounds and the other was 50 pounds I think. Anyway, when they came running to give me a hug, I picked them up without thinking. BIG mistake. I was fine until the next morning. Then I couldn't walk without pain. After a week of pain, I ended up going to the doctor. He diagnosed acute lumbar strain. I was on pain killers, anti-inflamatory and muscle relaxers for a week. He told me after I quit hurting to start doing tummy crunches to build the stomach muscles. He also told me to buy a back support and wear it whenever I do anything that requires bending or lifting.

I also have to remind myself to squat and bend at the knees instead of bending at the waist. That helps.

Definitely clear it with your surgeon before you start lifting again and if necessary get your doctor to write a note to the boss saying what you are and are not allowed to do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-03-2007, 11:13 AM

[quote=Joyful Walker]

Thank you lyn for your advice. Got a dr appointment for his opinion. Like you I'm in an office and work alone, but have to go onto the shop floor as well my boss is away on holiday in spain but when I spoke to him today have told him about dr appointment, I work for a family run d.i.y. company with family that don't pull their weight. Today I feel ok. speak again soon jan
Unread 03-03-2007, 11:26 AM

Thanks stitcher 8: Got a Dr appointment next tuesday for his opinion.Told the boss i will wait for the Dr answers before i tell him whether to go back yet, maybe part-time. Sorry still not use too how you reply, first time userof a lap top.should get better with practice.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register