Numb Sister from Down Under | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Numb Sister from Down Under Numb Sister from Down Under

Unread 10-15-2005, 01:59 AM
Numb Sister from Down Under

Hi! This is my first post and just so pleased to have found this site and all my sisters!!
I am almost 4 weeks post op (TAH) and am finding things are definitely getting better, as long as I dont overdo it.Amazing how tired you can get.
Wondering if any one else has had problems with numbness? I am still numb from my incision all the way down to about 6 inches down my thighs. Is this usual?It is not a major problem, just feels weird!!
I am assuming that it is nerve damage of some sort. Will feeling gradually return?
Anyway, lots of hugs from down here in New Zealand!
Take care,
Jeanne-Marie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-15-2005, 06:58 AM

I am 11 weeks and didn't think the numbness would every go away and even now if I've really been busy and up and moving all day will that get that tingly numb feeling in my swelly belly. My doctor said at 9 weeks it was normal. She said it just takes time for everything to heal inside. I'm not sure about it being down into your thighs though. I didn't have that. You might want to ask your doctor to just be sure.

Blessings,
Theresa
Unread 10-15-2005, 07:42 AM

hi... I had that numbness also. Sometimes, I would get it on the left side only, and others, from incision area, or from both. I still have it now if I am on my feet too long, or doing alot of activity. I do think it is just part of the healing process. Some say that you can still have that up to a year post procedure. I didnt get it into my thigh either, but it is most likely a nerve. If you think about it, there are a lot of nerve endings in there, when surgery is taking place, that can easily be affected. Take good care of yourself Jeanne-Marie!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-15-2005, 07:51 AM

Hi Jeanne-Marie,

I am a little over four weeks out and also have the numbness in my left thigh and pubic area. It seems to be impoving slowly but is still somewhat numb. I have read on other posts that this is fairly normal and the feeling should return at some point.......

Sounds like you are doing great! That is wonderful!

So, how is the weather "down there"? :-)

All the best with your recovery!

MsH
Unread 10-15-2005, 02:27 PM

Thanks for the feedback! I am sure things will return to normal. I just have to be patient!!
Yes, I feel things are going well tho for the first couple of weeks I found it hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel.Just took it a day at a time and had great support from DH & family(all teenagers).
Weather is getting better down here- we are in the middle of quite a wet spring, so the grass & weeds are growing really fast!They will just have to grow for the next few weeks - I am not going to jeopardise my recovery by pulling weeds too early!!!Had a giggle yesterday tho. DS(13 yrs) left a gate open (we are on a small farm) and later in the morning we looked up to see 10 cattle steers on the front lawn,heartily eating the roses and shrubs!!!Finally got them back in the paddock(not sure if you guys call them paddocks- probably fields) but I did look funny Im sure, trying to round them up in my pyjamas! And not being able to walk very fast!!!! Hehe.Could have been worse tho.At least we were at home!!
Thanks for your advice & care!
Jeanne-Marie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register