Cyst After Surgery!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Cyst After Surgery!! Cyst After Surgery!!

Unread 06-30-2009, 01:53 PM
Cyst After Surgery!!

I had a TAH and kept both ovaries on 6-1-09. I had no problems felt great up until last Friday. I went away for a weekend with DH. Woke up Friday morning at the hotel and felt like I had slept wrong on my left side, took 2 advil, went to breakfast, came back to hotel and pain kept getting worse. None of my doctors were in, but the PA told me to go to ER due to surgery 4 wks. ago.
Due to the pain in my back (left "flank" area) they did a CT scan which showed no kidney stones and no infection (I had no other pain or fever, only pain was in back). But the CT did show what appeared to be an ovarian cyst, they decided to do an ultra sound, which shold a 5.4 by 3 centimeter "mass" was not a cyst or hematoma!!!!
Today I followed up w/gyn. She did an ultrasound and didn't see anything, said it was most likley a cyst that bursted. That because i still have my ovaries, they can still grow cysts.
Has anyone ever heard of this? Can cysts grow that quickly?
Thanks,
Shannon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-30-2009, 02:38 PM
Re: Cyst After Surgery!!

Shannon,

I have also been told that cysts on ovaries are completely normal. As for them growing quickly, I can only tell you my personal experience. I had an endometrioma (type of cyst) on one of my ovaries. The other one, perfectly fine. Then within several weeks, the ovary that WAS fine had a endometrioma that was larger than my uterus(the doc said that)! WHOA!

So from what I have dealt with, it sounds normal.

Unread 06-30-2009, 02:52 PM

I have one the size of a cantaloupe that is coming out next week. It can happen.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-30-2009, 05:44 PM

This worries me! I thought I had the hysterectomy to get rid of the cysts!!! This is my second bout of cysts in 6 months! I'm so done with surgery. I don't think my body can handle one more surgery!!!
Unread 06-30-2009, 06:08 PM

I know!!!! Dr told me that because I still had my ovaries that i still ovulate and can still get cysts!!!!!!!
Unread 06-30-2009, 06:11 PM

Unfortunately before I had my surgery my Dr told me that this can happen. I elected to have my ovaries removed for this very reason as they were getting worse for me each time I had them. I decided that when I had my surgery that they would have to go too. I am sorry that you are having problems with your ovaries. I wish someone would come up with some way to medicate for this so our bodies wouldn't create the cysts, perhaps one day someone will.
Sorry that this is so frustrating for you. We are all here for you!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register