Anyone else DREADING going back to work? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone else DREADING going back to work? Anyone else DREADING going back to work?

Unread 11-12-2009, 03:16 PM
Re: Anyone else DREADING going back to work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123blessed View Post
AMEN!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-12-2009, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olympia1181 View Post
I dread it as well. I went back to work when my DD was in 7th grade and now she's a college sophomore. One of the best parts of having the surgery was being here again when she got home and was all excited about her day. We have had so many great talks during the last 5 weeks and we have grown closer as well. I will really miss that.
I think that's why I'm dreading it so much, I have had such a great time with my 11 year old daughter. She's in that "almost a teenager" stage, has her period and is in hormonal meltdown mode half the time, LOL! But I really feel like we have had some really great quality time together. She is so excited when she gets home from school to tell me about her day...usually when I get home at 5, all I get is "nothing" when I ask her what she did in school.

I know it will be fine...just wish I could win the lotto or something. Of course, you have to play actually win it!
Unread 11-12-2009, 03:30 PM

Forgot to say that I am lucky because I only have to work Monday and Tuesday the week of Thanksgiving, so it will be a short week. Then we are closed for 1 1/2 weeks at Christmas. (Sometimes it's a good thing to work for a college!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-12-2009, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dembrooks View Post
She is so excited when she gets home from school to tell me about her day...usually when I get home at 5, all I get is "nothing" when I ask her what she did in school.
I know that feeling I have a 13 year old closer to 14 that has meltdowns every other month
Unread 11-12-2009, 04:27 PM

I go back Nov 30th and I'm dreading it too. I actually have a great job and am very happy there; I've just been having so much fun catching up on a new favorite show and doing some creative stuff that I'm just not quite ready to resume my normal routine! I thought I was going to be bored while I was home; I am anything but!!!
Unread 11-12-2009, 04:34 PM

I am a little apprehensive also. I have to go back next Monday, the 16th, after only 2 1/2 weeks. I hear things have gotten really bad since I left. I am not looking forward to anything except the paycheck. Which I am not getting right now.
Unread 11-12-2009, 06:44 PM

I go back the 29th and am dreading it as well. I am a cook and work full time at a busy restaraunt with a buffet. Scared to death that it's going to be too soon as I'll only be about 4 1/2 weeks post-op, but I'll be out of leave and Xmas is coming.
Unread 11-12-2009, 09:18 PM

It sounds like everyone is taking 6 weeks off. I only took 2 weeks off. My surger was 10/28 and I returned back to work today. I had the da vinci surgery and felt a whole lot better than past laparoscopy surgeries. I am still a little sore when I stretch a certain way, but for the most part I am feeling well.
Unread 11-12-2009, 10:50 PM

All I can say is this...I was laid off Christmas Eve 2008...and was offered a job shortly after my surgery, I am goin through background check ect right now and am hoping it will take a few weeks to give me more time....all that said...as much as you hate your boss...be grateful you have a job....count your blessings.....the time you have been home to be there for your child....and now you will enjoy the quality time more!

I'll say a prayer for you as you venture back to work! I understand the fear..I am terrified.
Unread 11-12-2009, 10:52 PM

YES! I'm scheduled to go back next Wednesday. Also have a very stressful job. I'll have been off for 10 work days at that point. At this point I'm not entirely confident my Dr. won't extend my medical leave by a few days. Part of me hopes so, part of me hopes not.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register