severe cramping before cycle | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

severe cramping before cycle severe cramping before cycle

Unread 12-04-2012, 04:56 AM
severe cramping before cycle

I'm supposed to have the LASH in 1-8-13 and it can't come sooner enough for me. I experience horrific cramps from ovulation till my cycle is over and I think the vicoden and percocets are not helping me anymore. I cannot take this pain. I feel as though I am losing my mind. all of this suffering I am doing now is really depressing. I can't even sleep all night long. what medications are you sent home with to help with the pain because the percocets just aren't helping. I am sorry for complaining this morning but it's been a horrible nights sleep to be waken up at 2:30 am due to cramps on a period I didn't even get yet. Lord help us woman!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-04-2012, 12:41 PM
Re: severe cramping before cycle

Don't be sorry for complaining, that's what we're all here for!!!

I got sent home with Oxycontin & had Morphine in the hospital. I hated the Morphine, and they offered Demoral. I am not a pain med person, so I opted for just Tylenol & Motrin, but that's just me being weird

The night before my surgery, I started bleeding and was in horrible pain. I could barely breathe it hurt so bad. When I woke up from surgery, I was in pain, but it was far less pain that I had experienced before I had surgery. Let me put it this way, the surgery pain at it's worst was better than my period pain at it's best.

I really think you'll be surprised at how much better you feel right away. Yes, there is pain after surgery and discomfort, but it really is so much less than what we've been struggling with before surgery, it'll seem like a breeze!
Unread 12-04-2012, 01:16 PM

I am with you sister! I have severe pain before AF as well. Wakes me up at night as well. My (hopefully) last cycle started yesterday and I'm so shaky and sick feeling. My bleeding is super heavy. I'm hoping it ALL goes away after surgery!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-04-2012, 01:30 PM

Thank you both!! I think I will opt for the pain meds because my body has become so immune to the percocets and the vicoden they dont even work anymore. TheAdie, good luck on your upcoming surgery, I hopes it's your last as well. I know I am going to have a big fat glass of wine as soon as this period is over to celebrate never to having it again. Please keep in touch and let me know how you are doing. Do you have any kids? I had 3 c sections so although I'm a candidate for LASH they said they won't know until they get in there. I'm just expecting the C-section scar and hopefully I'll wake up surprise with 3 little incisions. Thanks again.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register