Scheduled LSH Going home 2 hours after LSH and appendectomy??? - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Going home 2 hours after LSH and appendectomy??? Going home 2 hours after LSH and appendectomy???

Unread 05-21-2010, 09:20 PM
Re: Going home 2 hours after LSH and appendectomy???

wow i dont know what my problem was ,,but my hubby said my surgery took a few hours ,,then i went to recovery ..he said i was wide awake sitting up having full conversations with the nurse ..this was at least 5 hours after my scheduled surgery time when i went in to OR ..i dont remember a thing ...............cant even believe i was awake talking ............scary( I HOPE I DIDNT SAY ANYTHING I SHOULDNT LOLLLL) ..... i just think it isnt right that we are told when we are going HOME..i knoW some people dont like hospitals and want to go asap ,,but as women we shouldnt be told when we are having a major surgery ,,an organ taking out when we are going HOME..i dont know what we can do as far as insurance companies i deff think it is so unhealthy and so unsafe to rush us out in a few hours .............i stayed a few days ,i couldnt ever imagine going home that night ,ever ....and so many women have so much more surgery then i had .........so everyone truely is very different ..........we should be telling them ..when we can go home !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-21-2010, 09:50 PM
Re: Going home 2 hours after LSH and appendectomy???

Make sure to discuss all the previous experiences you've had with surgery and anesthesia with your doctor and with the anesthesiologist prior to surgery. Let them know what your concerns are & why you have them. I just had a DaVinci laparoscopic hysterectomy (uterus only) and they kept me overnight for observation. It was nice that they did too because it gave my hubby a chance to rest and I felt more relaxed knowing that I was in good hands. I was very up front with both my anesthesiologist and doctor beforehand and they made sure they had nausea meds in my IV prior to and after surgery, made sure I knew to use Colace for a few days prior to surgery and had some waiting for me that night in my hospital room. It's hard sometimes because the doctor is "the authority" but you know your body. Be as honest and up front as possible and don't do anything you feel uncomfortable about.

Blessings and best wishes!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register