So many questions... - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

So many questions... So many questions...

Unread 04-20-2007, 07:57 AM
Rhode Island Gals

Quote:
Originally Posted by DP419
I swear this site is the BEST and so are all the SISTERS!! Although I am jumping out of my skin in anticipation all of you are WONDERFUL! And I send each and every one of you great big and Everyone is so supportive here!

Today is my birthday, Saturday is my 17th wedding anniversary and Tuesday is my surgery and if it wasn't for this site - I think I'd be even more

I'll be busy this weekend so hopefully it will go by fast and Tuesday will be here before I know it. Unfortunately I am not looking forward to my "prep" on Monday - liquid diet all day, drinking that yucky stuff and enema at night - BLECH!!!
Hi DP419 - I am also a Rhode Island gal, from Wickford. I'll be at W&I. Good luck to you. Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary! Maria
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-20-2007, 08:40 AM
So many questions...

Cookmac2 - good luck to you as well...I'll be at W&I too. I just can't wait to have it all done !!
Thank you everyone for my b-day and anniversary wishes
Princess_franks - my surgery is scheduled at 7:30 am and have to be in the hospital at 6am - I'll think of you that day knowing you are in the same boat as me - and everyone else just knowing that I have support here...it's very comforting!
I'm so anxious-I can't sleep well at night - anytime I get up in the middle of the night I have trouble getting back to sleep because my mind starts thinking/wondering/worrying, etc...today is my last day at work I took Monday off so I can do my prep in peace and clean the house and get ready ! Maybe I'll get myself good and tired so that I'll be able to sleep that night...Good luck to all and THANKS for all your good wishes!
Unread 04-20-2007, 08:49 AM
So many questions...

sending many and wishes your way. Stay positive and remember the housework will always be there, don't go thinking about it. Do yourself a favor and get a manny and pettie before, you'll feel great!

Bonnie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-20-2007, 08:53 AM
So many questions...

I wish I had time to get a mani/pedi before...most places are closed on Mondays and this weekend I'll be traveling with my DS and DH for basketball tournaments. I was able to squeeze in on Wednesday a bikini wax though...didn't want to have the doctor weeding through a forest - plus I knew I wouldn't want to be doing that after surgery for a while at least!
Unread 04-20-2007, 09:55 AM
So many questions...

Hi DP - I live in Rhode Island too. Are you going to W&I? I think I'm signed up for personal e-mail so drop me a note if you can. My date is May 8th. Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary. Enjoy your special days and then give yourself the permission to just rest and heal. Good luck and I'll be praying for you. Maria
Unread 04-20-2007, 12:56 PM
So many questions...

DP- We are going to surgery at the same time too. YAY!!!!! I am so happy to be the first. I don't have to wait all day with no food or drink. I'll definitely be thinking about you then too. I love my sisters.
Unread 04-20-2007, 01:10 PM
So many questions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdfurgi

As for pads, I still use them but it is for my bladder disease rather than for spotting. I did have a little bit of spotting for the first few days but it was gone before I came home from the castle. It did come back a couple of weeks post op, but it was not enough to get on the pad. Good luck ladies!!!!
Can I ask what is your bladder disease?? I have I/C and I am wondering if removing my uterus will affect that.
Unread 04-20-2007, 01:44 PM
So many questions...

I had my surgery on March 15, 2007. I just hit week 5 of post op...I am feeling great...I go for my six week check up the 26th....I have had some pinkish discharge since surgery..needing to wear a liner and change a couple times a day....At my 2 week post op check up my doctor told me it was normal and that it could get a little worse (it didn't) as I got back to doing more things.....I am hoping by the time I go for the 6 wk po check up it is done and no more pads for ever as it has gotten lighter and less noticeable recently.
Best wishes for a smooth surgery and recovery to all of you!
Unread 04-20-2007, 08:03 PM
April 24th princesses!

Hi Princess_Franks and DP419!! I am going in to the castle on the same day as you are. I'm getting worried too There is so much to think about. I'm sure we will all be fine but in the meantime the waiting is killing me!! I was actually booked for a pedi/manicure on Monday and cancelled because I thought it would be wasted without pretty nail color. I'm going to do it as soon as I feel well enough after, I think it will be a nice treat. Good luck ladies, and hang in there!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register