New here | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 09-07-2012, 09:40 PM
New here

Hi, I'm new here. Had a partial hyst in May. I'm 30 with 4 kids. I had a lot of complications from my hyst and I regret my decision to do it every single day. Hopefully I can find some comfort and maybe some help with coping with my decision.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-07-2012, 10:34 PM
Re: New here

What is bothering you about your decision?
Unread 09-07-2012, 11:32 PM

That's difficult. Have you discussed how you feel with your GP?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-07-2012, 11:32 PM
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrmctexas View Post
What is bothering you about your decision?
Because I have days where I want more children. At the time of my hyst I wasn't 100% sure if I did or didn't. And now some days I struggle. I will never be abke to give birth to another child. And my hyst went horrible wrong. I was sick for week after, ended up needing another surgery after it because of it. And now I'm still having some same problems as before the hyst. I just don't know how to cope and handle this.
Unread 09-08-2012, 08:19 PM

I am really sorry that you have mixed feelings, and that you had complications. Can you tell us more about what led to your decision to go ahead with the partial hyst?
Unread 09-08-2012, 08:31 PM
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpj_0001 View Post
I am really sorry that you have mixed feelings, and that you had complications. Can you tell us more about what led to your decision to go ahead with the partial hyst?
Well I had endo and dysplasia and have a history of cervical cancer in my family. I've had numerous lapos to remove scar tissue and large ovarian cysts. I was always in pain during sex and alotbof time normal day to day things would cause me pain. I was always on some type of pain meds to control. I could go months with no period, even a whole year. At one point I bled everyday for 13 months and was in horrible pain. Doc thought having a hyst would help. It was last option. We tried controlling it with birth control and no help. I just feel like I made a horrible mistake. I still have pain during sex and at random times during thr day. I'm still on pain meds all of which I had to do before the hyst. Doc will review me in dec and hopes things will get better.
Unread 09-08-2012, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasBorn13 View Post
Hi, I'm new here. Had a partial hyst in May. I'm 30 with 4 kids. I had a lot of complications from my hyst and I regret my decision to do it every single day. Hopefully I can find some comfort and maybe some help with coping with my decision.
Welcome and I hope you can find some comfort here, let me rephrase that, I know you will find some comfort here. This is a wonderful website and lots of great woman.

Well, what's done is done, you can't change the fact that you had the surgery. Maybe there will be some benefits after all of your complications are healed? I am looking forward to no more painful periods when I am healed, I just had my surgery on Wednesday, due to painful large fibroids for over 20 years. I went through a lot of emotions, we all have here, but there has to be something positive for you in the surgery. I know I don't regret my decision to opt for better health. I hope you can find something positive too, you are lucky you have 4 children, some of us were never able to have them. Hopefully after your medical problems settle a little you can feel better, that takes it toll, being sick for a long period of time. I know about that, it depresses you. Maybe an anti depressant for a few months? Nothing wrong with needing a little help, if you feel better mentally, why not! Hopefully, in a year from now you won't feel the same way and you will be healthier...maybe try to focus on that? Just a suggestion... I wish you the very best.
Unread 09-08-2012, 09:45 PM

Sorry you are conflicted about your decision. Glad you are here and hope you find it helpful

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register