Why I am I having blood loss 5 weeks post TAH? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Why I am I having blood loss 5 weeks post TAH? Why I am I having blood loss 5 weeks post TAH?

Unread 11-24-2008, 11:25 AM
Why I am I having blood loss 5 weeks post TAH?

It isn't a lot but it wasn't there last week - why am I aching and having blood loss now? (TAH BOO 5 weeks ago)

I am so sick of being sick...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-24-2008, 11:27 AM

Hi Louisa

It could be stitches dissolving but if you are concerned (or if your temperature has gone up) call your Dr for advice.

Katy
Unread 11-24-2008, 12:23 PM

Thank you Katy

I am very hot and stressed today but I put that down to my lack of hormones!

I was doing so well but now I'm just fed up.... so sorry to moan. The blood loss is so slight I'm sure it is just stitches

Thanks again
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-24-2008, 12:36 PM

My TAH was on 10/24 and I am experiencing the same thing. I too didn't have any blood for weeks. The amount for me is just about the size of a quarter, but still frustrating and almost every day now. I am only at 4 weeks and don't see any stitches yet. I also don't think that I have been over doing it. Frustrating since I will be making a run for some mini pads if this keeps up.
Unread 11-24-2008, 01:42 PM

I am 5 MONTHS post op and just started spotting! I have had an EXCELLENT recovery. Better than expected actually. But, this is terrifying! Have a call into the dr now....
Unread 11-24-2008, 02:08 PM

anytime there is any discharge, blood, dont be afraid to call your doctor and have it checked out, most of the time its ok or it can be easily taken care off, but what is worst for you is the worrying. a big hug to you sisters and praying that the spotting/bleeding stops
Unread 11-25-2008, 03:30 AM

amym71 - please keep us posted. good luck!
Unread 11-25-2008, 05:31 AM

Well he called back. He said that because it was just a spotting not alot of bleeding not to worry about it. But, if it continues or get worse, call him and I would need to come in! I haven't had anything since that one time either!
I think it scared me so bad because as I said originally, my recovery has been fantastic. I have had absolutely no problems except for my mood swings. Which with antioxidants, exercise, and plenty of sleep (most of the time), I think we have gotten those under control!
Thanks for everything!
amy
Unread 11-25-2008, 08:08 AM

I had spotting up until my 6wk checkup everytime I would get a little active, like walk around the store. It was very discouraging. But it turned out to be a very tiny spot on my vaginal cuff that had not healed. The doctor said it bled like crazy when she pressed on it a little. She did a silver nitrate treatment and after a couple of days, I had no more spotting.
Since it is a moist enviroment, sometimes those little areas can take awhile to heal. At a checkup at 10 mths, I still had one area that had not healed. But there was no pain or spotting with that one.
There is a light at the end of the tunnel ladies. The tunnel may be a little longer for some of us but you WILL come out on the other side. I had major mood swings and hot flashes for months but they are few and far between now. My little dog and I are up to walking a mile everyday (weather permitting). I feel like I have a new lease on life. So hang in there. Keep taking those little steps towards good health and soon you will be taking giant strides again.
Blessings to all of you as you recover.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register