Considering hysterectomy at 32 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Considering hysterectomy at 32 Considering hysterectomy at 32

Unread 06-13-2014, 01:23 PM
Considering hysterectomy at 32

I just had a question for everyone...I am 32 and my gyn is wanting me to consider having a hysterectomy...I'm having a lit of problems down there and she believes this is the safest option. To the ladies that had to have one and a young age and was childless at the time...what did it feel like?..I mean the loss of the ability to have kids?...I've always wanted to be a mom..had names picked out when I was 10...I know there are other options for having kids, like adoption. I've been crying all morning...how has others dealt with this loss?

Thank you to those who answer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-13-2014, 09:47 PM
Re: Considering hysterectomy at 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoladykittenox View Post
I've always wanted to be a mom..
PLEASE go for a 2nd and 3rd medical opinion before making any decisions. Another doc may have a different treatment option that will allow you to retain your ability to birth a baby.

I hope you are able to find the right answers soon. I am sending huge cyberhugs
Unread 06-13-2014, 09:59 PM

Totally completely agree - get at least one more opinion and in your case I would get 2 more opinions. Look at all your other options and alternatives to a hysterectomy before making a decision.

Good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-13-2014, 11:04 PM

Like everyone else has said get at least a second opinion and honestly do some of your own research. There are many new medical breakthroughs that many doctors/medical professionals don't know about because they don't keep up with it. You may be able to discover potential alternatives that would work for you and then seek out the appropriate doctors to discuss those options.
Unread 06-15-2014, 06:45 AM

In a quick response to you're question, avoid having the surgery at all costs. Especially at your age, now you were non specific in what is going on in you're case but Doctor's are incentivized to perform these surgeries (they make money). Get a copy of all your test results and get a second opinion. Personally I was 43 yrs old when I had my Hysterectomy and to put it mildly it sucked. Acute menopause is no fun, you can experience a vast array of side effects, like depression, hot/cold flashes, fatigue, "fog" brain. Do everything you can to avoid it. In my case I was lied to, and told I needed to have it because I had Adenomyosis according to my GYN which he verbally diagnosed me with after one pelvic exam. He then said I also may have cancer, saayig there were abnormalities and irregularities that made him suspect it. He had me and my family scared to death. Ultimately they did a pelvic u/s and endo biopsy. Then proceeded with surgery never telling me that both those test showed no signs of anything abnormal. These two doctors used me to make money and they will have their day in court topaz the price.
My point is a hysterectomy is at the end of a long line of other alternative less invasive procedures. Mine was performed 26 days after initially seeing my gyn for a yearly exam. Only if cancer is present should you proceed with the the Hysterectomy on such a short timeline.
My best advice is educate yourself as much as possible before agreeing to surgery. Then get a second opinion. I am no doctor but have read a ton on the topic since my surgery.
Unread 06-15-2014, 07:47 AM

Hi I'm 31 I just had a hysterectomy for a long battle with endometrosis, and dysmerrhea (bad menstrual cycles).

I had my surgery because I did not want multiple surgeries ablation, d &c. I was put on lupron a shot that stops your cycles but it stopped my bleeding but caused weight gain, false menopause, hair loss/thinning and head changes.

Before being put on lupron, I was depressed from the pain and embarrassment of finding bathrooms at work so no one would see me scrub the floors from blood splatter, tired of wearing double clothes and looking over my shoulder anytime I laughed for fear of bleeding through my clothes etc etc.

My advice is having a hysterectomy is a major surgery and a major decision that you should make based on information that you find out through research and second opinions. Ask what other options are available, the likelihood that you will be able to have a successful pregnancy.

Lastly I had my tubes tied at age 23 after having my second child so my response given was solely based on my experience with gynecological issues only.
Unread 06-16-2014, 08:05 AM

I agree that a second opinion is probably in order!

What are the reasons that your doctor is suggesting hysterectomy? I'm 32 and just had a successful myomectomy in which my surgeon successfully removed 28 fibroids while leaving my uterus in tact.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register