Fever -5 weeks post hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Fever -5 weeks post hysterectomy Fever -5 weeks post hysterectomy

Unread 05-23-2016, 02:45 PM
Fever -5 weeks post hysterectomy

So last night I was feeling more achy than normal and clicked in that I had fever aches. Temp was 100.9. Woke up this morning and felt fine but started feeling awful again and temp is now 100.5. I don't understand why I'm getting a fever only at night and this far into recovery. I see my Dr tomorrow and we've booked a trip for this coming Friday to celebrate all of this being "over". Anyone else have fevers this far out?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-24-2016, 01:35 AM
Re: Fever -5 wks post op

I did at 4 weeks. Mine turned out to be a post op infection. I had a white blood cell count of 29,000. With a fever that wasn't spiking much higher than yours. I had an abscess that required a hospital stay and weeks of treatment. Please keep us posted.
Unread 05-25-2016, 08:47 PM
Re: Fever -5 weeks post hysterectomy

Went for an US today...I will have the official results tomorrow but it looks like a burst ovarian cyst with a pocket of infection. I'm going on a two wk holiday on Friday armed with 2 potent antibiotics...one of which will make me violently ill if I so much as have a sip of alcohol. DH was so excited to plan this trip thinking I would be "recovered". I just want to crawl back in bed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-25-2016, 10:27 PM
Re: Fever -5 weeks post hysterectomy

I am so sorry this is coming up now. Is there any way to reschedule the trip? Glad you checked with the doctor though and found out what is going on!!
Unread 05-26-2016, 09:06 PM
Fever -5 weeks post hysterectomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJOntario View Post
Went for an US today...I will have the official results tomorrow but it looks like a burst ovarian cyst with a pocket of infection. I'm going on a two wk holiday on Friday armed with 2 potent antibiotics...one of which will make me violently ill if I so much as have a sip of alcohol. DH was so excited to plan this trip thinking I would be "recovered". I just want to crawl back in bed.
Sounds like they put you on Flagyl.... I'm on that and Omnicef. I developed a massive infection with several abscesses 1 week post op. Had to have a 2nd surgery to get everything drained. On top of that my incision opened back up so now I have to have wound care as well. It sucks.... Keep an eye on your symptoms and I hope you feel better soon

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register