Sorry I haven't been lately.... - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Sorry I haven't been lately.... Sorry I haven't been lately....

Unread 04-21-2006, 06:54 AM
Sorry I haven't been lately....

Thanks it really helps to know that I am not the only one out there dealing with this kind of issue. God Bless each of you for your kind words and inspirations.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-21-2006, 07:21 AM

(((Banchie75)))
Your sister was wrong to say those things to you. She hasn't been there and doesn't understand. I'm so glad your dh was there for you and even her dh. I am impressed with two men who are so sensitive and understanding.
Like has been said, give yourself more time. I think its a good idea to tell your dr how you are feeling and even about what happened. Sometimes when the emotions are more than you can handle it's a good idea to get something to help you through it for a time at least. I think with time you'll be able to handle this better. You're very early post op and your emotions are still up and down as are your hormones I would guess.
Try to focus outwardly if you can, to the future. You have so much ahead of you and so much to offer the family you have. This can be a very positive fresh start, with a healthier you. Put your energy into healing and loving your family. All this will find its proper place in your heart as you move ahead with your recovery. Don't push yourself, just handle things as you're ready.
's,Rita
Unread 04-21-2006, 12:23 PM

Hi everyone. I did call my doc and he had me come in this morning, lol after I was done with my dd swimming field trip to the ymca, which wore me out BIG TIME. He told me that he wanted to wait a little bit longer to see if my hormones would straighten themselves back out on their own. My mood swings are quite spuradic, I never know when they will hit but I can sense some of the triggers, such as babies. He also said, that in my best interest, he told my dh this, that my sister should not be allowed around me until I can handle the emotional issues. She is not compassionate enough or knowledgable enough to understand what has happened to me. He also told him to try and keep me away from anyone that acts like towards me as I am already a pretty emotional person and was quite depressed before the surgery and he doesn't want any other people causing me to get even more so. But the up-side to everything, I had a very nice time today with my daughter, 6 yrs old, and her kindergarden class. We went to the park and then had snacks and then to the ymca for an half hour swim. I am so tired but it was well worth it. She was so proud that her mommy was the only mommy that came to play with them today. And then she started bragging that her mommy is going to go with her on the next field trip, lol which isn't for almost 2 wks, thankgod, but is a train trip from here to about 50 miles away and then a fun filled day of play and then a long bus ride back. Thanks for the support and everything, I wouldn't know what I would do if it weren't for this website. Thanks all and God Bless
Unread 04-21-2006, 07:56 PM

My lil sister called me a bit ago and I thought it was an apology with the way it sounded, but within like 5 minutes, I figured out that she was calling to jump on me again. She started telling me that I really needed to get on some kind of medication because my behavior was not normal and that she never did anything like that she had had a c-section. I started yelling at her like a crazy woman until my dh took the phone from me and hung it up without talking to her. Needless to say, there I was, once again, turned into an emotional weeping blob. I, too, had had a c-section with my 4th and final child of which was also almost 2 months early. And no I didn't act this way then but I am now and according to my doctor, it is perfectly normal and natural and he hopes my hormones get back into shape on their own otherwise he will put me on a low dose of stuff until they do. Is anyone else having a onflicting issue in their family like this? I always thought they were supposed to be there for you when you needed them? I have always been there for her, even when she called me names and didn't even want her own baby, I was still there and stayed by her side and helped her get through it. I don't understand, if this is normal, then why can't others understand it as well and just leave me alone until I do get back to my old self? Thanks for the words of wisedom from all, I really do appreciate all of you for letting me vent here. I really don't feel like I can vent much here because it doesn't really seem like much of anyone, except my blessed dh can understand it. ( Honestly, I don't think he understand, but has been through so much with me, that he feels sorry for me now. lol) Thanks all and God Bless

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register