I GET To Go To The Castle! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I GET To Go To The Castle! I GET To Go To The Castle!

Unread 05-10-2003, 05:42 PM
I GET To Go To The Castle!

For five years, I have tried alternative methods...until the fibroids have taken over the quality of life. I cannot bend over, can't canoe, and dash for more pads, inbetween peeing constantly. On any given day, I have been either bleeding profusely or nauseous from the pressure. I cannot remember what "normal" feels like; it has been so long ago. I guess I just kept adjusting to pain and discomfort. I only regret having not done this surgery long ago, especially when I had medical coverage. My main concern is paying for it.
I will go in the first week of June, and I am ready to go this week...still need to decide about cervix and ovaries. Money, ovaries, etc are small fish... compared to the quality of life. I look forward to bending over to weed in the garden and paddle in the canoe.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-11-2003, 04:51 AM

Hi Otter and welcome!

There are many, many women with problems similar to yours who have had or are having their hyst after years of suffering problems and trying alternative treatments that did not work or stopped working. It can definitely be a quality of life issue and I'm sure it wasn't an easy decision for you to come to.

It's good to see that you are researching your options regarding your ovaries and cervix. Being informed and able to discuss these options with your Dr. will help you to know that you are making the right decisions.

Best wishes and lots of s
Unread 05-11-2003, 05:22 AM

Dear Otter,

What a terrible time you have had - like you say everything else is insignificant compared to the quality of life.

My giant fibroid never caused me any discomfort except for very heavy periods. However, gyn said the rate at which it was growing it would eventually - got to the size of six month pregnancy and I thought enough is enough, do I want to end up looking full term!

Good luck with the op - I have decided to keep ovaries and cervix as they are OK so don't see the point in removing them, but it is really a matter of choice.

Love
Mel

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register