I don't know what procedure I'm having | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I don't know what procedure I'm having I don't know what procedure I'm having

Unread 01-15-2001, 12:04 PM
I don't know what procedure I'm having

I am having a complete hysterectomy (ovaries and all)on February 7th. I just don't know what procedure will be used. I don't know what kind of recovery to plan for or if I will be in the hospital over night. My understanding is that my doctor is making the vaginal/abdominal decision after she goes in with a scope. Has anyone else had this question?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-15-2001, 12:15 PM
I don't know what procedure I'm having

Hello,

I don't know what procedure I'll be having either. I'm hoping for a TVH with a spinal and sedation. I have an appt. on Wednesday to see the Staff attending who will be in the OR with me. I am hoping to leave ovaries, but they tell me they won't know until they "get in there"....

I am scheduled for 1/31. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Kindra
Unread 01-15-2001, 12:55 PM
What procedure?

Hi, don't think you are alone. I didn't even know until I came to this site how many different kinds of hysts there were.(lol) I am having a LAVH-BSO, which is a laparoscopic assisted vaginal, taking ovaries, cervix, and tubes. They need the lap to help take the ovaries or they could just do it all vaginally. Usually if you do not have large fibroids, they chose to do it vaginally with the lap to assist. As for the hospital stay, I can personally gurantee you atleast one overnight stay. If they do the same as they are with me , it is only one night. With an abdominal, it is usually 2 to 3 days. Recovery is 6 to 8 weeks depending on which type hyst but 6 weeks at the least. Usually no driving either way for 4 weeks as insurance companies don't like to cover you for 30 days after general anesthesia, and rest rest rest is pretty much what recovery time is spent doing. I have learned so much great stuff from this site. Just about anything you need to know is here. Keep your head up and sending you big hugs for a speedy recovery.

Joy29forever
LAVH-BSO DUE TO ENDO ADENO AND RECURRING CYSTS
2/06/01

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register